ONS-HomeSweetHome Randomizer

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Rhamp

ONS-HomeSweetHome Randomizer

Post by Rhamp »

HomeSweetHome has been one of my favorite maps, so I decided to make a randomizer version of it to spice the gameplay up. The gameplay on this map feels like it has stagnated, with way too much emphasis placed on the ufo and mech play. If your team doesn't know how to use the ufo properly and doesn't have someone good in the lightning mech, your team just straight up get dumpstered. With the randomizer, some rounds might not contain a ufo or lightning mech, making the gameplay more dynamic. I should have the map finished later tonight after I'm done tweaking the settings and possibly making some changes to reduce the clusterfuck that is the center of the map. I'm also debating on whether to make the mechs unique, as having multiple mechs of the same type could be interesting, though that might be a bit too op. I might also try putting more emphasis on fliers, as fliers on this map are quite weak due to the lightning and shock mech oneshotting them from across the map.
Rhamp

Re: ONS-HomeSweetHome Randomizer

Post by Rhamp »

hsh.jpg
hsh.jpg (193.28 KiB) Viewed 961 times
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

So you could set it up so only Mechs spawn at the core, so if there were say 3 link mechs, each team gets 3.
And a map with each team having 2 ufos would be interesting...

There's many more vehicles that could be in the mix, and this map is already OP, so the full load of minos, megas, mobreakers, omegas, predators etc..should be in.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Bring back the steorra! :)
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Hah, i'm half serious but shouldn't we just make a map like "Minus-Insanity" where it's just OP vehicles, nukes, OMFG guns, SSR's etc? Maybe we can "ghost of christmas future" our server back into normalcy with that.

I don't mean to hijack the thread though. I'm all for your idea, Rhamp.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

V1 on the google drive.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pz9L20 ... sp=sharing

The amount of op things on this plus fast respawn rates (15-30 for everything but the mino) means this is going to be interesting. I didn't restrict the amount of anything other than the mino, so there can be crazy things like 10 link mechs at the core. Expect to see multiple levis, minobadgers, a couple mechs, all the op fliers, etc.

Some changes from the original:
-Randomizer, obviously
-Mechs can only spawn at the core. This fixes an issue I had with the original in that once you took the center node, you had two op mechs over the other team and usually ended in a steamroll. There is also no guarantee that certain mechs will spawn and there can be multiple of the same mech.
-The UFO is not a guarantee spawn. Some rounds can have multiple UFOs, others none. It also can spawn at any node/core.
-The two side nodes are flier-only nodes. They can spawn some very op fliers, including the UFOs.
-Added a vent-like system above the map, allowing fliers to enter it from entrances across the map. The tunnels connect all the nodes together, giving fliers (and tanks if you use the dropship) another attack route other than flying over the enemy team praying that they can't aim.
-Added a dropship to the cores. Now you can stick the mino where it doesn't belong, shove it in the vent, drop it on a node, etc.
-Added two extra vehicles at the flier nodes and the center node.
pooty

Post by pooty »

On the server. I didn't test it there though, but going to be out of town this week figured I'd put it up so you guys can play it.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

Had a blast playing this during peak player count. Was over a good half hour of nonstop action across the entire map. Never had the issue of not being able to find a good vehicle to jump into. I might make the omega more rare, or at least unique. It wasn't too bad since there were enough fliers to go kill them, but the randomizer could fuck things up sometime with too many omegas and not enough antiair.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

V2 on the google drive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lA_WFI ... sp=sharing

Changes:
-Made the Warhawk unique so only a maximum of 1 per team. Games that had multiple of them just turned into which team rushed nodes with them since they are so hard to stop. Also doubled the respawn time for them from 15 seconds (which is how long everything else takes to respawn on this map) to 30.
-Buffed the Mino's hp to 7500 and set the respawn time back to 80 seconds. This should make the mino feel strong despite everyone else being op.
-Added the OMFG rocket launcher that is on MassDestruction. Its located on the windowsill area between the primaries and the middle node.
-Reduced the minimum value of the flier nodes so they have a chance to spawn some weaker fliers in addition to all the op ones.
pooty

Post by pooty »

On the Server.