Alternate Game Modes For Small Server Numbers

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Alternate Game Modes For Small Server Numbers

Post by McLovin »

leon wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:55 pm I'm against. Don’t kill our server. There's a lot of ctf, dm etc. servers. Go and play.
Agreed!

I'm not totally against it. But I'm not totally onboard with it either. Whatever you do, DON'T DELETE MAPS TO MAKE WAY FOR ALL THE NEW STUFF.

Sometime in 2025 we're gonna hear this: We have so many old maps, let's make everyone play the new stuff whether they like it or not. NOT!
California

Post by California »

Zomg ctf on this server?!?! I might funnel some of my sacks of State money into it.
Nah bro I’m sweet.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

leon wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:55 pm I'm against. Don’t kill our server. There's a lot of ctf, dm etc. servers. Go and play.
Gotta disagree here. There is *one* CTF server, and it's VCTF running at hyper speed with terrible ping. There are no DM servers. It's either TAM or Freon. Aren't you the one complaining we always play the same shit every night? :lol:
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

I agree with McLovin and Leon, if VCTF and DM servers were so great, there’d still be some around. I don’t want to turn OMNI into a multi game type server. Now, that’s not to say I personally wouldn’t enjoy an occasional VCTF match, but I don’t think it’s the best thing for our server.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Can we get some more VCTF and CTF maps? We only have one of each :cry:
I was testing out the voting, and admittedly my library of CTF, VCTF was pretty lacking.

All gametypes are available during any vote. No maps are deleted to make "room", we have plenty of space.

Its not like its going to force anyone to play different games, and its all based on vote.

Maybe we need a poll...
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Poll wouldn't do anything, the majority of players that play on our server only like one type of map. Big maps with lots of tanks that one shot. If a ctf vote goes through the losing side would just leave instead of trying it.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

We finally got a VCTF game in :D 3 whole minutes :lol:

Yeah, that map kinda sucks though, and 3 score limit is pretty low. I think any default VCTF map would be better.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I thought it was kind of fun at least for a change of pace... although that map wasn't great. 3 must have been default. But I think that was good score to start since it didn't last long. I don't think I'd go more than 5, we don't need 30+ mins of CTF.

I do think though the problem with V/CTF is that one kill changes the scoring plan... and it requires more coordination than ONS. To me a good CTF/VCTF needs mulitple routes flag to flag, lots of places to hide/provide cover.

I also think AS would be fun too, especially since we have many that just like to sit and shoot tanks, but again more coordination, and many have trouble finding 1/2 on DJY.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

How about one of those C&C maps? Mario Conquer might be fun. Plus its onslaught-ish
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 4b2a1.html
pooty

Post by pooty »