Map lists

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
FuriousRabbit

Re: Map lists

Post by FuriousRabbit »

McLovin wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:45 pm
pooty wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:16 pm ...
Cron jobs, sadly no. First the server is windows, so its probably called Windows Internet Explorer Time Scheduler or something...
My cygwin guy at work (probably the best cygwin guy in the country) says you can side-load it. Cygwin does cron jobs. No more logging in daily to shuffle files around. Just script it so it does it automatically.
As another alternative, WSL is very well implemented if available. I was kinda shocked but now I can easily run even linux gui applications on my surface. Not sure about anything on a windows "server" though.
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by McLovin »

FuriousRabbit wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:41 pm ...
As another alternative, WSL is very well implemented if available.
WSL = Windows Subsystem for Linux Cool!

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/about
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I might be mistaken but I don't believe we have that kind of access to the server. It's a game hosting provider, so they manage the server and install the game. We can update the game config and install more game content, but we never get actual access to the machine like that to run scripts or scheduled tasks.

What we could do is setup a different machine we do have access to (even our local machine) and update the server config remotely. it would be a lot of work to setup and I don't believe many of our players even want map lists, so it will probably never happen anyway. I'm ok with this topic dying. I created this topic because I want to play on the server more, but do not want to play the same 5 maps every night. I know I'm not the only one, but it's hard to keep everyone happy.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I created this topic because I want to play on the server more, but do not want to play the same 5 maps every night. I know I'm not the only one, but it's hard to keep everyone happy.
Map Rotation is at 15 which helps. There's been some griping that the power 6 maps aren't always available but too bad. Plenty of other maps to play.

And don't forget admin's choice. It seems most don't mind it -- I know I don't I love the variety.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

If the rotation is 15, then how did AJ-Randomizer get voted three times tonight? Then top it off with FJ and two Minus.

-bp-youcancountmeout
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

yeah im getting bored now with all the jy and minus maps :(

I understand why people wanna play it tho
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Code: Select all

Sun, Jan 07 2024, 11:32:28 PM 	 	ONS-MasterBath-Renovation-v5 		13 	9m 31s
Sun, Jan 07 2024, 11:06:16 PM 	 	ONS-Minus-KitchenSink-Randomizer 	19 	23m 37s
Sun, Jan 07 2024, 10:46:02 PM 	 	ONS-DesertJunkYard-TMU-Randomize 	25 	17m 34s
Sun, Jan 07 2024, 10:17:53 PM 	 	ONS-Dria-Randomizer-V23 		28 	25m 32s
Sun, Jan 07 2024, 9:56:33 PM 	 	ONS-ArcticJunkYard-)o(-Randomize 	27 	18m 45s
Sun, Jan 07 2024, 9:23:09 PM 	 	ONS-ForestJunkYard-)o(-Randomize 	26 	30m 47s
Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:56:11 PM 	 	ONS-MinusTankMeUp-p00tylicious-v 	22 	24m 18s
Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:20:39 PM 	 	ONS-MagicIsle-)o(-2017-V4 		22 	32m 52s
Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:00:31 PM 	 	ONS-MinusTankMeUp-Randomizer-V15 	21 	17m 30s
Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:32:57 PM 	 	ONS-ArcticJunkYard-)o(-Randomize 	15 	24m 56s
Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:14:16 PM 	 	ONS-ArcticJunkYard-)o(-Randomize 	7 	16m 29
I'm not playing maps I don't like all night to play 9 minutes of a one-sided masterbath match at the end. I joined at the end of FJY only to see AJY won the vote. I left.

Our players are playing the same game for 20 years, but the same maps? Do they grab the same vehicles and take the same route every round also? How very sad.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Sad indeed. I love the variety, even the map is crappier.. often as I've said before we have good maps(TanksAlot, MagicIsle to name a few) that we just don't play much in favor of OP spamfests which I guess I can blame myself for stuff like MassD and HSH...

Below, AJY must have been admin forced to be played 3 times.... I don't like to force the overplayed ones. I've told folks in game, we have lots of maps vote for something else.

Map Rotation is at 15, so that should be high enough that you shouldn't play same map every night, but we do get some play during the day that moves it faster..

Also, with various versions (JY, Minus) you'll play those maps, albeit some are different, more often. I know SubZero asked to remove one of the JY, but they are some of the most popular maps.... and yes I contributed to it with FJY, which I think plays quite different than either AJY (much OP vehicles), DJY (Missle Tank Rulez!).
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Yeah I've conceded to the majority. If it's what they desire then so be it. A couple of days ago we had a full server with full specs on block fort (wtf) .It was then when I realized there's no changing them.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

LOL

PS: For those who are Brady Bunch ignorant, this is a play on Jan bitching about Marcia, Marcia, Marcia! https://youtu.be/ICVXf8Vznec?si=6SFCpKlx_UCFoJqy&t=81 Hmm, zound potential right here.

It was cool to see ForestJunkYard for the first time last evening. I like it. Is it arena randomizer style or does it always have MegaBadgers?