YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH Nuke 1.1 (CSLinkNuke)

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH Nuke 1.1 (CSLinkNuke)

Post by captainsnarf »

Enyo wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:36 pm Also, a request/suggestion to add to the updates list:

Right now when you link nuke a node, even though they get healed all friendly vehicles and players get knocked way back from the "explosion" like a regular nuke. Being a link nuke with the opposite effect of a Redeemer, would it be possible to instead have all friendlies get drawn to the point of impact as it heals them instead? Not a violent implosion where everything smacks together, but maybe a little faster than how a gravity vortex pulls everything toward one point, but without all the swirling about. Or, just get rid of the "explosion."
Hmm, it does this now. I guess the effect isn't as good as it could be though. You get blown back initially, but then there is an implosion that sucks you back in. The graphics is a sphere expanding then contracting. I tried to make the physics do the same thing as the graphic.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Here, I made a video. 24 bots with linknukes on spambox. :lol: You can see the push/pull that happens.

linknuke lol
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:11 pm Hmm, it does this now. I guess the effect isn't as good as it could be though. You get blown back initially, but then there is an implosion that sucks you back in. The graphics is a sphere expanding then contracting. I tried to make the physics do the same thing as the graphic.
Ok, hadn't really noticed the implosion effect. Just seems like it violently scatters everything. Especially annoying when you drop it on a node and it kicks your flyer 20 yards away. Maybe I'm just not being patient enough to wait for the implosion to bring my flyer back toward me?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Xexx

Post by Xexx »

Can someone clarify what damage and healing the link nuke does? I've had it kill me while when I used it, an enemy seemed to take no damage? What does it do to friendly players, enemy players, friendly vehicles, and enemy vehicles?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Xexx wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:38 am Can someone clarify what damage and healing the link nuke does? I've had it kill me while when I used it, an enemy seemed to take no damage? What does it do to friendly players, enemy players, friendly vehicles, and enemy vehicles?
It never should have done damage to you if you were the one shooting it. If you were really low on health, the momentum from the explosion might have killed you if it slammed you against something before it started healing you, but otherwise the explosion itself does no damage to you or your team.

The explosion does 250 damage to enemy players and vehicles. The explosion has some knock back, but about 0.5 seconds into it starts imploding where you get sucked in instead of knocked back. It always does enough damage to an enemy node to kill it (5000). It does 2000 damage to an enemy core, which is a little less than half damage. The default core has 4500 health, nodes have 2000 health, and can be changed by the map designer.

Friendly players, vehicles, and nodes get healed for 5 seconds when hit by it.

Nodes are healed 150 health every 0.1 seconds for 5 seconds total.
Players are healed 15 health every 0.1 seconds for 5 seconds total.
Vehicles are healed 130 health every 0.1 seconds for 5 seconds total, with a max of 2000.

The radius for all of this is 1000, which mostly matches the size of the rendered sphere graphic. For comparison the redeemer and minotaur primary fire is 2000 radius.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Especially annoying when you drop it on a node and it kicks your flyer 20 yards away.
Yeah I would just get rid of the momentum...or better yet, have the shove away only affect enemies (like the new and improved gravity orb) leave the friendlies alone. I've had it move my vehicle far away and have it destroyed/stolen or me killed before I can get back in.

I think it'd be fun to push the enemies away with it...maybe even increase the momentum toward enemies...maybe a new use is to use it to push enemy vehicles off cliffs or such -- at least the smaller ones.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:44 pm
Especially annoying when you drop it on a node and it kicks your flyer 20 yards away.
Yeah I would just get rid of the momentum...or better yet, have the shove away only affect enemies (like the new and improved gravity orb) leave the friendlies alone. I've had it move my vehicle far away and have it destroyed/stolen or me killed before I can get back in.

I think it'd be fun to push the enemies away with it...maybe even increase the momentum toward enemies...maybe a new use is to use it to push enemy vehicles off cliffs or such -- at least the smaller ones.
Agreed. I paid closer attention to it last night, and while there is an implosion effect, it's way weaker than the initial explosion. So, your flyer gets knocked far away very quickly and barely pulls back toward the point of impact with the implosion, have to chase your vehicle after using the link nuke every time. In fact, most of the time there's a wall or something to stop the vehicle from getting kicked even further away, so in open space the vehicle doesn't even seem to be within the implosion sphere and doesn't move back at all.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version! Download here CSLinkNuke_1.8.zip

Changes

- remove implosion momentum
- increase explosion momentum
- remove momentum for friendly fire
- increase damage radius
- increase player/vehicle damage
leon

Post by leon »

How about points with LinkNuke? And what about points when you link someone? Yesterday half of the match I linked Enyo. The day before yesterday, half the match I linked Sanka. So I help my team to win and I don't get a single point? That's why people take Mino etc instead of Link Mech.
pooty

Post by pooty »

1.8 on server.

You should get points with it now.

Leon, you should be getting points from linking with either link gun or vehicles as long as the team vehicle is occupied.