Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: ONS-Hyperblast2, potentially an Airmars replacement

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

My random thoughts. Take them or leave them:

-I like the battle area in the middle ship
-Should have full lockers
-The higher core platform (near the node) is very hard to get up onto by foot
-The background is hard to look at but someone made a good point that it makes the ships more stealthy. Perhaps the hyperspace effect can be made less opaque?
-I dont know of those shields at the core are necessary. People can still spawnkill with the Aurora like crazy. I'd be willing to try without them. Can vehicles be stored inside the core ship or can space be made? That would be more realistic anyway. Maybe that back area where the core sits can be made into a longer hallway/hangar with the core at the end. That way then the core opens up you gotta blast your way through Return of the Jedi style.
-Mino on the rock node is a good idea. If that's too OP then a Ballista or other anti-air vehicles could be cool. Nuke Tank with it's AA guns to wreck the enemies?
-Heliux seems out of place in space
pooty

Post by pooty »

I dont know of those shields at the core are necessary. People can still spawnkill with the Aurora like crazy. I'd be willing to try without them.
I bet without the shields, the mino will clear the core in two shots.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

The little flight pods would be fun.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

I'm experimenting with seeing if I can make the map not burn everyone's eyes out while still looking cool.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

the tunnel effect is cool. Maybe you can slow down the texture rotator/panner so it's not so acid trippy :)
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:12 am The background is hard to look at but someone made a good point that it makes the ships more stealthy. Perhaps the hyperspace effect can be made less opaque?
That was me... also found it very annoying at first but after a minute I almost didn't notice it, and realized that most were so distracted with it they were flying right by me.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

I uploaded a new version to the google drive link. I moved the ships closer together and shrunk the radar size as much as possible without having nodes going off the screen. At least the numbers of the primaries are easily seen and its a bit easier to see what is going on in the middle. The ships' shields and the background are less hurting on the eyes, every weapon locker should be fully loaded now, including the grappler. The amount of fliers has been reduced since you can now hitch a ride with the grappler. The ships now have some turrets that can be manned to provide support over the middle.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Newer version (V3) on the server.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

Now that resizing the center ship is feasible (it will still require some fine tuning). I'll make it larger so that there is more room to fly around inside the ship and make it less spammy by spreading the nodes out further. Depending on how large it becomes, I might add more vehicle spawns at the nodes inside the ship.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Now that resizing the center ship is feasible (it will still require some fine tuning). I'll make it larger so that there is more room to fly around inside the ship and make it less spammy by spreading the nodes out further.
I know I think I might have advocated that, but now not so sure. Maybe just increase it slightly... the flyers banging the walls does damage and gives the people on foot a better chance against them...