Howdy folks...again

Railgun

Howdy folks...again

Post by Railgun »

Well...it's been a LONG time and admittedly took me a minute to remember what this site was even called. But seems things have changed.

Was a member a long time ago. Can't remember the old admin's name...just that he was in, IIRC, Chicago and had an RX-8.

At any rate...I'd happened to fire up 2k4 the other day and wondered if this place was still around. Seems yes, albeit with a significantly reduced server presence and a pretty large forum change. At least, I think I remember more than the one server I can currently see. I see the link to the "old" forums isn't even the real old forums...I guess the old, new forum.

I'm about to get a massive shot in the arm for an ISP BW upgrade here at home. If it's any benefit, may fire up a server myself with the caveat that it's in the UK.

As I can't remember/recognize any of the old names, to those that are here from the original group, hello again. To the rest, hello.

Happy to be here/back. I'll check out the server to see who pops on and when and maybe get back into a round or three.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Howdy folks...again

Post by pooty »

Welcome (back)!

The Original )o( admin was Q. He has since retired from Omni, and a group of us took it over. Q didn't want to the old forum to continue so we had to start a new one. It was up for a while then I am guessing he got tired of hosting it.

We only have one game server -- its essentially what was the old MinusTankMeUp server. But we have a wide variety of maps and vehicles, many of which have been updated, although I am sure many of the old favorites are there.

Since you're in the UK, there's always CEONSS which you'll get better ping, but we also have Improved NetCode which has some ping compensation which should make play from the UK much, much better.

Server is usually populated between 8pm and Midnight, give or take, Eastern US time.
Railgun

Post by Railgun »

pooty wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:48 am The Original )o( admin was Q. He has since retired from Omni, and a group of us took it over. Q didn't want to the old forum to continue so we had to start a new one. It was up for a while then I am guessing he got tired of hosting it.
That's it. Well, wherever he is, hope all's well.
pooty wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:48 am We only have one game server -- its essentially what was the old MinusTankMeUp server. But we have a wide variety of maps and vehicles, many of which have been updated, although I am sure many of the old favorites are there.

Since you're in the UK, there's always CEONSS which you'll get better ping, but we also have Improved NetCode which has some ping compensation which should make play from the UK much, much better.

Server is usually populated between 8pm and Midnight, give or take, Eastern US time.
Downsides of moving across the pond I guess. I'll keep an eye out but may be too late for my day. We'll see.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by Enyo »

Welcome back! Like pooty said, the CEONSS server may work better for your timezone, but we'd love to have you on if you're ever up in the wee hours of the morning over there. There's also an active freon/deathmatch server in Europe called Usual Suspects.

FYI, Epic took down their master server listing a while back, they've basically abandoned all things UT. So, you won't find any servers in the Internet tab of the game. If you join our server it will auto-update your game to the new OpenSpy master server listing. To join us the first time, go to the Internet tab, right click in the Server Name area and select Open IP, enter 74.91.113.41:7777. Then add us to your favorites. After you join Omni the first time, you should then see the master server listing in the internet tab.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain