Need some help

Got a Glitch? Always Lagging? Need help with anything technical? Want to move off Windows XP?
Tater

Need some help

Post by Tater »

For some reason, weapons bar doesn't appear in OMNI. It appears in the DW server and my own Instant Action though. Thoughts? It is turned on under settings.

Also, microphone has not been working recently. Suggestions? It works in call, does not in game. Can't figure it out. Current mic is set to default, I just got through disabling all other input devices though so maybe it will fix.

Also also. I'm ready to play under a different alias at this point. Nearly every game I experience the same Grudge-fighting / minor targeting. It's a huge reason why I stopped playing this game altogether, and I'm sure is why some others play under different aliases. I understand the difference between when I need to be killed, and when I'm intentionally seeked out to be killed after killing that person, mostly a small subgroup of OMNI currently.
I'm here to play ONS as fairly as possible. Not to grudge-fight / spawn between 3 nodes to seek a revenge kill (yes, I have a recording of it)/ purposefully DM on lower skilled players. Just to play some ONS.

Any help is appreciated with my technical issues. Thanks.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Need some help

Post by Enyo »

Tater wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:33 pm Also also. I'm ready to play under a different alias at this point. Nearly every game I experience the same Grudge-fighting / minor targeting. It's a huge reason why I stopped playing this game altogether, and I'm sure is why some others play under different aliases. I understand the difference between when I need to be killed, and when I'm intentionally seeked out to be killed after killing that person, mostly a small subgroup of OMNI currently.
I'm here to play ONS as fairly as possible. Not to grudge-fight / spawn between 3 nodes to seek a revenge kill (yes, I have a recording of it)/ purposefully DM on lower skilled players. Just to play some ONS.
Do you have proof of this? Maybe you’d like to share your recording with the admins? Feel free to PM a link to us if you don’t want to post it publicly. Maybe you’re being a little paranoid… I mean, there’s only maybe 2 or 3 players here good enough to hunt you down and successfully get revenge.

What makes you think it’s grudge killing and not just a player you killed at a node coming back to that same node to try and take it back?

I feel like I’m targeted sometimes too, especially when I’m in the mino, but that’s just part of being a good player, which you are. And you actually aggressively go to nodes, which also makes you a more frequent target than say Sub-zero( aka Super Sanka) who likes to sit back and snipe.

Besides, aliasing will do little good, there’s now a Whois function available to all players in the kick voting menu (right click a player’s name).
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

1. Not sure why you don't see weapons bar? UTComp HUD issues snarf?

2. Mic. I had this a while back and it went away... not sure how. Try enable/disable device (you probably already have), make it default. Could be driver issue.

3. Top players are always targeted. Enyo is always crying about people "up his ass", occupational hazard of going to the key nodes, which Tater you do well along with a handful of others. I always feel like Leon for one just seems to appear all the time at a key node to stop me, and at times I feel like if I get a really good kill on Anon (once in a blue moon he'll hunt for me...but its just perception)... The good players are in the right place, the better players are right place, right time...so its inevitable. I think revenge killing hurts your team anyway, happy to have one of you elite players chase after me away from the key battle points.... generally I like to avoid the elite players and work a different side of the map ;)

That being said if there's part of it that's personal let us admins know.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Tater wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:33 pm For some reason, weapons bar doesn't appear in OMNI. It appears in the DW server and my own Instant Action though. Thoughts? It is turned on under settings.
It's something weird with the engine/UTComp. There is nothing in UTComp that changes that value but it gets messed up for some reason.

When you join the server and notice the weaponbar is off, go into settings and you'll see it is turned off there also. Turn it on there (while on the server) and the weapon bar will return. It should stay after that.

Sorry you are getting grudge killed. tbh all my kills are grudge kills :lol:
Tater

Post by Tater »

Disclosure, had some to drink and got in a bitching mood, felt like nothing was going great yesterday. Apologies.

Appreciate the HUD help, I thought I checked after rejoining the server to see if it was ticked but I must not have. I don't know how I disabled it, don't see it in my controls or hidden in .ini.
Don't know what to really check in .ini's for mic, idk why my mic works for other programs but not UT suddenly. I'll keep looking into it when I have some free time.

I try to be understanding and aware of when I should die, especially if I'm being a problem in a vehicle or at a node. I'm aware it can be an intelligent move to work on killing me first in situations as well. I'll add some captions to the recording I've got Enyo and send it your way maybe later tonight for your thoughts, happened a few weeks ago but felt so prominent I recorded it.

I'll 'target' high priority vehicles sometimes, not specifically the player though. Even I will respawn nearby if you make me eat some shit in a flyer and I think I can take you down; it's almost always at a node though or if you're high priority (Powerful flier, etc). Not just for another point or kill; just have to get used to others playstyles and stop crying :)

Just got in a bitchin mood. Hope to see you guys making me eat some more shit ;)
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Tater wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:13 pm Just got in a bitchin mood. Hope to see you guys making me eat some more shit ;)
I think some of us just really enjoy mashing taters! ;)
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think some of us just really enjoy mashing taters! ;)
Yes, yes we do. Had to capture the 1 time I killed Tater in the tub.
Tater

Post by Tater »

I still think that's hilarious, think you pasted that up on one of the Spambox walls at some point :lol:
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Don't let some grudge kills chase you away Tater! Omni <3 Tater. Not everybody gets their own zound, let alone two :D

-tater
-bitchincamero
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah don't let it get to you.

Plenty of us getting chased down for revenge kills.....