Game stuck on loading screen

Got a Glitch? Always Lagging? Need help with anything technical? Want to move off Windows XP?
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Game stuck on loading screen

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

This happened tonight while i was trying to load the Dria-randomizer map. It got to the loading screen (the one with the pictures) and wouldn't go anywhere from there. I tried three times and had to quit each time.

While loading Arctic-randomizer it was very slow but did eventually let me in after 30 seconds or so. Usually that screen is pretty quick for me.

No idea what this means but I thought it might be a piece of the puzzle to one of you.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Re: Game stuck on loading screen

I'm still having this issue. About 1/3 of the time I can't even get into the game so I just give up. Could this be related to the changes that have been made under the hood? Or is this an old computer issue?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

maybe clear your cache? The netspeed was increased and the server tick rate increased. I think you've had problems ever since. The server tick rate shouldn't affect you since that's server only but netspeed will send more data to you. Something to try might be to set the netspeed down and see if that helps.

open the console

Code: Select all

netspeed 10000
And yes, it might be time to upgrade that pentium :lol:
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah I think I'm screwed. It doent appear I can even adjust my netspeed.

It seems to be worse lately, too. I'm only getting in about a quarter of the time. I should keep track but it appears when a randomizer or mech map is being played I can't get in. Currently stuck on Minus Kitchensink Randomizer and making this post after my 5th attempt and having to quit out from the loading screen.

What's the cheapest laptop I can buy that'll play this game well? I'm sure it can't be too costly by this point...
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I use one of these as my client machine when testing network play. Mine is 8 years older than the version I linked. It works well enough. It's not a laptop but is tiny. $459. You'll get more bang for the buck if you get a regular size machine.
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

I recently had the same thing on Dria randomizer. Seen it before, but it's a very rare crash for me. Clearing the cache seemed to work.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Just had it again on ArcticJunkRandomizer. I'll use this thread as a notepad for maps that cause it.

How do i clear my cache?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

rename your cache folder e.g. cache.old. You can also delete it but I'd keep it just in case.
Lipka

Post by Lipka »

load winXp
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

load winxp, on a mac? :lol: