2fast2furious mod request

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

2fast2furious mod request

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

A small cohort enjoys playing "bumper cars" on this server during the after-hours. It doesn't happen a ton but last night we rocked it for over an hour.

Would it be possible to drop in the following mods?

-Add some EONS scorpions
-Add Flak rat
-Add a few random explosive barrels on big bottom platform area
-Add some of those breakable road blocks to the bottom area
-Any other breakable things (I dont know what else there is?)

And if possible:

-A few free, unlocked vehicles that spawn at the bottom platform? Is it possible to make some of these that anyone can hop into?

I dont think these mods would change the original map's gameplay, but would would help the unofficial demolition derby gametype. If anyone is up for making/adding this mod and would just like a straight list of exactly what to add just let me know and I can write it out more specifically.
pooty

Re: 2fast2furious mod request

Post by pooty »

Do you want the scorps to have guns?
Yes, we can make unlocked vehicle spawns, we have that already UltimateONSFactories.
Adding the breakable stuff is easy. Have to add the rubber duck from MB.

Is the point though to push people off the edge?
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

Congratulations, you magnificent bastards! (This is from their Bumper Car game last night.)
Attachments
bumper stats.png
bumper stats.png (92.8 KiB) Viewed 338 times
Last edited by infinitecat on Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:46 am what? fragster? lol

https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/rankings.php
WTF with the ONS rankings? It's always been a bit wonky, but it boosted Fragster 1408 pts, and then Vorpal 328 pts with a -2 score and a -98 SPH. :lol:
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Here are the rules of bumper cars and/or demolition derby:

No guns
No shooting
No teams
Just slam into each other and try to do damage or push people off the edge
If you get knocked out of your vehicle try to get back in before people run you over
Scores don't really matter.

It's very simple and weirdly fun. When we play this way, it usually goes for a very long time.

Re: mods...
The rubber ducky might be a bit too big. I think it's nice to have everyone out in the open and visible.

If I could make a dream list for a map it'd look like this:
  • Arena aesthetic (dirt floor, stadium crowd background). Two small ramps in middle are kept. Maybe some very small hills or water added. But flatter is better for getting speed. Maybe a tiny lip around the edge of the map.
  • Powercores are inaccessible and do not drain (map is only finished by vote or admin force)
  • Upper platforms removed so people have to be in the action no matter what
  • People spawn on the main floor with only a shield gun.
  • Vehicle rollout is all scorpions/benders but with their weapons disabled. I know there's a weaponless scoprion out there but it's slow. Plus the variety in handling characteristics makes it fun. Perhaps some other mid sized vehicles like Gpolice car and flak rat. No badgers.
  • Vehicles spawn on main floor perimiter and are unlocked and team neutral.
  • Various clutter & things to break like exploding gas barrels, road blocks. Possible to spawn flaming/smoking vehicles?
We'd basically play this until we're sick of it or vote in a new map. People don't really play 2fast anyway, so maybe it'd be a way for people to screw around while a new map gets voted. If nothing else, it is fun to play this after the server has cleared out. It's good driving practice too. The key here is driving, and absolutely no shooting.

Not sure how much of that is possible, but that's all I can think of if that helps paint the "vision".
pooty

Post by pooty »

All the vehicle requests require the vehicles to be recoded and repackaged... probably wouldn't be too bad to just subclass them and remove the guns.

Is the fun knocking people off or just pushing them around? Tricky is map that could be used.

Maybe some objective like a jump takes off core points? Or some other goal, like sitting in one spot, like king of the hill for core drain?
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

It weirdly is fun enough to play for an extended amount of time. Probably not for everyone though. An objective may help though.

I think the small size of the map is good because it keeps you in the action… nowhere to hide yet there’s enough time to build up speed and line up a good hit.