enyo suks big

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
4Doors

Re: enyo suks big

Post by 4Doors »

FuriousRabbit wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:28 pm Looks like we lost Coldcut. I remember these losses going all the way back to 40oz. Does it need to be said that with admin power comes responsibility? You guys should be trying to mitigate dissent, not instigate it. If you can't keep your emotions in check, just give up your admin rights. Then you can bitch as much as you want. Or, if you make a stupid rage kick, man up like Mclovin did and apologize. I'm saying this in the hopes that the server doesn't die.

I don't particularly want to defend Anon but his movement is better than anyone else. His SA is good too. That is not from cheating. It's reasonable to expect that his aim is better as well. If you read these forums, he knows every last detail about ut2004 and has clearly tuned his client. I thought Tater was as freakishly good as Anon so it's not like Anon is unique. There are also folks on the freon servers who are just as good. All have very good skills... but also may or may not be cheating. The rest of us can bitch about it. But if you are an admin, I think you need to bring forth evidence. Please don't just poison the atmosphere on the server because you are bitter.

Times like this get me thinking how much I miss Beltamaxx...
If I could like a post like you can on Youtube or Twitter or w/e, I'd do that for this one. It pretty much perfectly encapsulates why I've always been against how you conduct yourself in-game, Enyo. There's being a leader in game w/ strategy, communication and coordination, only asserting yourself when the team's blundering--and then there's immature hollering at your teammates 'cause of something trivial in the grand scheme of things yet blasphemous to you. Even when your team is kicking butt, half the time you're still complaining about something or someone. I know the game is frustrating when you're on the losing end of it, but an Admin--one of the faces of the server--is one of the last people who should be throwing tantrums.

As for Anon, I doubt that he's cheating. Like Furious implied, he probably has more knowledge of the game than all of us combined. Does that make him extremely annoying to play against? Yes (see my vengeance gameplay against him on Gunshop the other day). Does that mean he's a cheater? No. In fact, being good at UT isn't just confined to mechanical skill. There's map knowledge, general game sense/intuition, and the truth that this isn't a hugely-populated game. Omni isn't Counter-Strike or Fortnite, where you match up against completely different people every game; most of us are the same people that hop on every night, so it's quite straightforward when learning how each person approaches each match.

Again like Furious mentioned, you're an Admin. If you truly believe Anon's cheating, then instead of complaining and accusing, use your Admin capabilities to investigate for and unearth any evidence indicating true foul play.
Bruh im just tryna be famous
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

use your Admin capabilities to investigate for and unearth any evidence indicating true foul play.
I will mention that the server employs several anti-cheat methods/strategies. We've caught several cheaters, usually some non-regular player that connects, and they get banned. I personally have spent hours checking things to make sure no one is cheating, that includes specing, server mods, logs, etc. Focus hasn't just been on Anon, but other top tier players too. While occasionally there's been things that have been sketchy, they've turned out to be legit, there's no evidence of any of our regular players cheating. You're probably wondering what's sketchy...at the risk of giving away a tip. Someone thought that Anon was using a wall hack, well it turns out if you're by a door way and face the wall, in first person yes you're facing the wall, in third person you can see you and the doorway without exposing yourself....and not using any cheats..just the game.

Keep in mind, from a server side, things like doing more damage are really difficult to do, the server makes all the hit/nohit decisions, how much damage etc. Now is it possible to make some client side, on your PC only cheats -- yes. And some are quite sophisticated, but in the end there's one or more telltale signs.

I can't say 100% no one is cheating, Anon does shit that makes you wonder, but there's been a ton of effort put into the server in general, and probably 20% has been focused on making sure there's no cheats. Like said, there's about 6 players banned for cheats, none of them regulars.
Xexx

Post by Xexx »

pooty wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:31 am
use your Admin capabilities to investigate for and unearth any evidence indicating true foul play.
I will mention that the server employs several anti-cheat methods/strategies. We've caught several cheaters, usually some non-regular player that connects, and they get banned.
Alternatively: Players with VPNs who try a different hack until they no longer get kicked and can use it freely ***

That's only if they're too lazy to setup their own test server using the same anti-cheat stuff this one uses.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Looks like we lost Coldcut
Coldcut is back, he plays under different names.
Alternatively: Players with VPNs who try a different hack until they no longer get kicked and can use it freely ***
Anyone who's been banned is still banned. They can work around it...its not an IP ban so VPNs don't matter. Like I said anyone caught with any hacks have been banned.
That's only if they're too lazy to setup their own test server using the same anti-cheat stuff this one uses.
Maybe but they don't have all the config which is where the checks are. We also have several items that you just can't work around. Could someone beat it, probably... to what end? If someone is going to spend hours trying to cheat a 20 year old game, that's just sad.
leon

Post by leon »

big big big
enio is moron
57 today
start playing
then eniooo kick me
2 hours nothing, still kicked
f u gays it was my bd
and enio should be removed from admin
I'm very disappointed, wanted to play in my BD but morons kick me.
leon

Post by leon »

FU ENYO.
leon

Post by leon »

Fu OmNi
Midnight and I'm still banned
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

It wasn't Enyo it was me. Your attitude has been terrible the past couple of months and tonight it went over the top. There is a banner on the bottom of the screen that clearly says "don't be a dick".

Of course we like to have fun and talk smack on this server, but at a certain point it becomes cold. You were being a complete asshole tonight and I wasn't the only one who noticed it. That's why I banned you.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Talking shit is the best part of competition and sports. Kicking the dude when he was clearly wasted and just having fun is a bit much man.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Super Sanka wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:46 pm Talking shit is the best part of competition and sports.
I completely disagree. Unless you think someone yelling over and over "you're a fucking idiot!" is the best part of sports. In that case then we have different ideas of fun.