Stats page down

Got a Glitch? Always Lagging? Need help with anything technical? Want to move off Windows XP?
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Stats page down

Post by Enyo »

Infinite cat pointed out the server stats page is down. You get a PHP error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function get_magic_quotes_runtime() in /usr/www/omnipotents2/public/utstats/includes/main.inc.php:32 
Stack trace: #0 /usr/www/omnipotents2/public/utstats/index.php(23): require() 
#1 {main} thrown in /usr/www/omnipotents2/public/utstats/includes/main.inc.php on line 32
I’ve noticed today too that sometimes when I tried to make a forum post I’d get a different PHP error when submitting the post.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
reshred

Re: Stats page down

Post by reshred »

i came to post that too, but as usual Enyo is one step ahead of me...Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function get_magic_quotes_runtime() in /usr/www/omnipotents2/public/utstats/includes/main.inc.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /usr/www/omnipotents2/public/utstats/index.php(23): require() #1 {main} thrown in /usr/www/omnipotents2/public/utstats/includes/main.inc.php on line 32
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yep, as I posted in the other thread, they upgraded the PHP version and apparently it broke some stuff, and it seems to have affected the forum a bit.
COLDCUT

Post by COLDCUT »

poof
Last edited by COLDCUT on Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

If the stats DB is down does that mean the Evenmatch system is offline, too?
pooty

Post by pooty »

They are seperate.
No EvenMatch has its own points database.
pooty

Post by pooty »

UTStats page is back up (Told you I could code in anything) There's likely to be a few errors here and there, as the php code used to display uses many deprecated functions. Easy to replace but basically used in nearly every page. I'll spend a few more minutes on it this weekend.

But, I haven't decided if we should put the stats collection back on the server.... not really sure of the value and it does put some load on server and machine...
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

That was fast! Following a link to match details still returns an undefined function.

I always found it interesting to peruse afterwards... to see how others faired for frag/node build/node destroy ratios, kill/be-killed lineups, etc. So it does have value and I appreciated it.

I always thought we had our own VM? Or does the hosting provider impose minimum security patches?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Should be fixed now, jsut fixed a few more pages.
I always thought we had our own VM? Or does the hosting provider impose minimum security patches?
Hosting provider handles all the OS maintenance, patches, backups etc. We just run the game part of it. We really have two parts, the UT game itself and the website/forum. We share machines for both.
leon

Post by leon »

I use this page 99% but it doesn't work yet.