Post by captainsnarf »

This was a fun map, might be good to put on our server -

Chain Isle 2

Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Chain Isle 2

Post by Enyo »

Yeah, this is a good map, played it a lot on the RMD server. Lots of DM action.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yep that would be good one. I have it somewhere. I also wonder if adding a boat or two (I've updated them with driver gun) would be fun... add the element of attacking from water.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So I test the boats and seems to do well. So a couple of ideas:
- Add a boat at the core, one for each team

Use the UltimateFactory so we can have some random vehicle factories.
- For the Scorpions (no one wants a stock scorpion) I can change those vehicles to be a "random" scorpion (eg. EONS Scorp, Tarantula, Stinger, Hynea, Tyrant, WebCaster, Link Scorpion)
- For the Benders I can make those random Benders (HellHound, KingHH, FireHound, Cerberus, others BioHound, Assault Bender, Battle Bender)
- For Mantas (stock manta, firefly, mirage manta, fire manta, maybe node exploder) [No to Wyvern, Stingray, Short Circuit, Pulse, Windblade]

- Leave the Raptors as Raptors.
- Leave the Goliath as stock Goliath? Or maybe some random tank at core,mostly on the stock-ish side (Goliath, GoliathII, Lobreaker, Cobra or similar)

Make sure Weapon lockers are full.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So ONS-ChainsIsle2-)o(-V1 is on the server:
This is pretty close to the stock ChainIsle2 edit with following Changes:
- King HellHound at cores, Hellhounds at nodes
- Scorpion spawns are random. This is different in that each team might get a different vehicle. Potentials are the more fun/useful scorpions.
- Cicada Spawn, is sequential Cicada, Wraith, Draco (then it repeats).
- Each core has a Kolophus Boat.
- Mantas/Raptors just stock.
I didn't check Weapon Lockers but oh well.
This leverages the UltimateMappingToolsOmni
pooty

Post by pooty »

The other thing is this map has some outlying islands, not just a picture, might be fun with addtional boats to put some nodes out there and expand the water a bit. Alligator might be fun there too. I'd keep the version below and just make an expanded one.
EmanReleipS

Post by EmanReleipS »

I'll comment here without having seen your edit yet because it is currently locked, so apologies if you already covered these points...
pooty wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:22 pm The other thing is this map has some outlying islands, not just a picture, might be fun with addtional boats to put some nodes out there and expand the water a bit. Alligator might be fun there too. I'd keep the version below and just make an expanded one.
I believe those are beyond the playable area of the map, so you will probably have to increase it.

Did you work based off the stock version or our edit? (The current one on CEONSS was actually my work, so I'm quite excited to comment.)

If the stock version, here are some holes you might need to patch up:

Also, here are some screenshots I took back when I decided against adding badgers to this map. You can get anywhere with them. Adding flyers to counter the badgers will only help to some degree (not for the caves):

Lastly, I recommend to nerf the mantas on this map by placing some obstacles, because both ChainIsle1 and 2 have/had a problem with mantas just wiping everyone who walked off the face of the map. For our edit, I added some boulders around the center nodes and a poky palm tree, which both gives those nodes some much needed cover and prevents mantas from just smashing through.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Did you work based off the stock version or our edit? (The current one on CEONSS was actually my work, so I'm quite excited to comment.)
ONS-ChainsIsle-SP3 that was on my hard drive... :D I'll check for those holes.

And No badgers, I figured as much, they wouldn't be good on this map and those screenshots prove it.
I believe those are beyond the playable area of the map, so you will probably have to increase it.
Yeah there's blocking/kill volumes but might be fun to extend them out. We have the updated boats (Kopholus) and modified Alligator (which ignores water), plus mantas. Have to find the time to do that though.
EmanReleipS

Post by EmanReleipS »

pooty wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:12 pm
ONS-ChainsIsle-SP3 that was on my hard drive... :D I'll check for those holes.
Hmm...it's been a while and I didn't write down which one I worked from. :?
I'll list some things that came up during our editing/testing, in case they might be relevant to you as well:

- Check if the small islands off shore (like StaticMeshActor193) look like their are floating. They don't, but in the version I worked off they looked like they did from the shoreline.
- Check if the big rocks at core (StaticMeshActor1 and 30) next to the Manta's have silly collision boxes. I think we replaced them with Tropic_Base_Mesh4_base.
- Check map brightness. I lowered Sunlight 1's "LightBrightness" to 85.
- Check player starts at base. There might be player starts in front of the tanks or other larger vehicles, which on a full server means someone getting pushed across the map at the start or the vehicle having to wait.
- Check the water between the blue base and the left primary. We managed to fall through the map while swimming there.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Looking at the one I used it looks like most of those have been addressed. StaticMesh 1, 30 are not there, LightBrightness is 85, so I'd say its likely based off what you did or perhaps someone else fixed the version I had.