Translocator

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Translocator

Post by McLovin »

I don't think I've ever seen the long-range translocators I've seen on other servers on OMNI. I think our translocator is very short-range compared to the ones I remembered using from other servers. Those were much funner to use than ours. Is there any way to boost the range of our translocator? The ones I remember you could observe from the disk, like a spy. It would lay on the ground and you could see from its vantage point.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Re: Translocator

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Are these becoming a thing on the server now? I'm going to go on record as a "nay" on them unless it's for a specific map. If the population wants them then that's fine I guess but I think this'll really change the gameplay.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think it was Army who had requested them more, but I am of the opinion only on specific maps. Suspense (it was like that) and I put it on Valarana since its a huge map with fewer than normal vehicles.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

translocator is for CTF imo.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Better the translocator than the shock rifle teleport gun. The original translocator should be available for public use ( when on a map ) and the shock rifle teleport gun should be a secret weapon somewhere as in hidden or difficult to get to by dodging trials.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

The original translocator, not this wimpy version we have here, you could fly across the entire map. It was fun.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

McLovin wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:15 am The original translocator, not this wimpy version we have here, you could fly across the entire map. It was fun.
The original translocator is on the server. You are thinking of the RMD version.
pooty

Post by pooty »

The original translocator is on the server. You are thinking of the RMD version.
Thank you Termy, I was wondering/thinking it was the original on the server.
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

Terminator wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:01 am ... and the shock rifle teleport gun should be a secret weapon somewhere as in hidden or difficult to get to by dodging trials.
I totally agree. There should absolutely be a stash of super weapons on each map that are only accessible by Termy ;)
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Maybe this translocator is the FUN one. Please consider. The spy capability was fun.

This mut replaces all translocators with the StickyTranslocator which sticks to all players, vehicles, walls, and ceilings, you can also press Q once a trans is out and spy on players.

https://gamebanana.com/mods/35910