Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: UTComp

Post by captainsnarf »

New version UTCompOmni_1.62.zip

- Fix F5 not working
- Reduce MaxSavedMoves value from 750 to 350, add as config option so it can be changed in webadmin

This is on the server
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

pooty wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:11 am
- centered and floating. The centered version is cumulative for a short time. If you do damage within the time window then it adds up. The floating option is not cumulative.
Yeah I had it centered. It was often cumulative on different targets which was confusing, except for Sanka which it showed me how many unregs I had against him....

I like the newer colors myself, but yes please don't change the link...those already have meaning.

I did notice one other strange thing... ghosts in the map. Three times last night I saw character skin randomly in the map... it wasn't a player/actor, but it was there... it wasn't even like the sentinel bug where you could shoot it, it was just display. Anyone else see that?
I have matrix bullet dodge installed
pooty

Post by pooty »

Still seeing ghosts occasionally.
Saw some pretty heavy fps drops when we got > 20 players.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I dropped the
I forgot to check 'stat net' but the new rubberbanding fix might be saturating the network. It works by increasing the number of saved moves by the client sent to the server. The default was 100. The new value is 750. That might be too much. I'll tone it down a bit and also make it configurable. There was a 60% cpu spike also, probably on nevermore where I saw the missing turret issue the most.
Saved moves to 200. If the default was 100, why did we have it so high?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

750 is what kokuei tested with, allowing a stable 400fps. I went with his default initially since it was tested as ok, but he didn't anticipate 32 player onslaught either, so in 1.62 I adjusted it down to 350 and made it a config option.

You changed it to 200. Do you think 350 is too high? I noticed in NFO console we were pushing 80% cpu last night.

I'm not sure about the ghosts, but it's doubtful the saved move change did it. Could be, but doubtful. I suspect it's damage indicators. They seem pretty rare though.
pooty

Post by pooty »

You changed it to 200. Do you think 350 is too high? I noticed in NFO console we were pushing 80% cpu last night.
Yeah fps was dropping on Halloween (pretty heavy map though) to like 60 fps... it was pretty noticable.

I am not sure I've ever seen much rubberbanding on the server though. Biggest thing for me is unregs. Maybe higher tick rate (50 now), but that is going to drive heavy server load.

Ghosts aren't a big deal really...I wonder if its skin related? I changed teamskins in my UTComp config recently.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I'm going to try dropping it again, 125 perhaps. The lowest it should go is the default 100, otherwise it's a regression.

If this doesn't fix it I'll just remove it.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version, download here UTCompOmni_1.63.zip

changes
- Actually use MaxSavedMoves (oops)
- Add fix for player sounds not playing when they are out of view (thanks kokuei!)

This is on the server. I also put maxsavedmoves to 150.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ah so it was at 750 whole time?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:19 am Ah so it was at 750 whole time?
No, the new code wasn't even getting used. The new base class re-implements ReplicateMove(), but so does UTComp so it needed the same fix applied to UTComp_ReplicateMove() function. I missed that change when porting from the 3SPN version.