Misc Map Changes Thread..for little glitches and annoyances...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Misc Map Changes Thread..for little glitches and annoyances...

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Add me to that list. It's not hard to practice. The only quasi difficult part is the high shield jump. The end wall jump is... like said earlier... a super mario move. Once you have your hands on it it's no big deal. You just have to be indiana a jones and trust the outcome.

I don't do the trials anymore though, i'd rather hop in a tank and go to a node. If it included a yeahhhh nuke maybe i'd be more inclined to go. Maybe more people on the server would be inclined.

Load it up after the server clears some night and try it out. It's not bad. Standard double jump the first platforms. Dodge jump the long ones. Sheild jump up the high one. Wall jump around the pillar.
Judas

Post by Judas »

I wrote a longer post about the noskillz gun on Grit Nights a year and a half ago. The topic is still controversial now! With or without the temple, this is one of my favorite maps.
viewtopic.php?p=7653&sid=b635b5f7cc2f54 ... 60d9#p7653

I'm a big fan of the idea of having two different maps, one with the original gun and one without. We can play the original one when the only people playing are skilled, experienced players.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:31 am Okay so

ONS-GritNights-TMU-TeleportGun-V2.ut2 - Exactly the same as the one previously, this includes the Teleporter Gun

ONS-GritNights-TMU-NOTeleportGun-V2.ut2 - Same as the one previously, Teleporter Gun replaced with LinkNuke, and Double Damage replaced with the normal Translocator. This gives you a good reward -- but shouldn't one side the map.
I admit these are good changes and a good compromise. Nice job Pooty.
Enyo

Re: General Map Announcement Thread

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:47 pm ONS-Dria-Randomizer-V24.ut2 - It will cycle randomly though them and each team isn't guaranteed same flyer.
Oh no, please don’t start doing this on more maps. Rhamp, myself and I think it was Floppies (flyer lovers), all agreed the random flyer spawns are terrible and creates an unnecessary imbalance. Please, I beg you to get rid of this “feature.”
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

So didn't you always want a flyer at the core in Dria?
The spawn isn't just *any* flyer, but one of the four in that list. (Falcon, WaspII, Skyminer, Phoenix). Those aren't the same, but relatively equal. I can make it so it *always* spawns one, but I can't make them "sync" across teams -- each factory doesn't know about the other.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Of course we always want a flyer at the core, we just don’t like that different flyers randomly spawn for each team. Why can’t they be the same? They are everywhere else.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

This is why I'm not too keen on ForestJunkyard because games can be decided completely by rngesus giving one team shit fliers and the other team op fliers. which has happened quite a few times. While I am definitely for having more dedicated fliers at the core in Dria, I wouldn't want it randomly cycling between ones, as there is no way to balance this, especially since op fliers carry the randomizers. Lets say one team got a wasp II and the other got a pheonix, in no way is that fight fair and the team with the wasp is at a significant disadvantage. Its almost incentivizing your to throw away trash fliers until a good one spawns. Take for example what happens often on PlainsOfTanks. No one wants to drive the king hell hounds for some reason, despite it being very strong for a truck, so one side cycles all their respawning vehicles other than the trucks and ends up with only KHHs sitting at the core and then bitching about having no vehicles. If you still want to have a random flier spawn at the core, you could do something similar to what I did with BitchSlapWithSlapRandomizer to get only mantas to spawn at the middle node. Have a new entry for the wasp, pheonix, skyminer and falcon in the randomizer with an extremely high value, well above anything else (~10000 or so) and add that value to the core's min and max value. This will force one of those fliers to spawn and ensure that both teams get the same type. It also shouldn't mess with the chances of these spawning at other nodes since the existing entry is untouched and the new entry's value is so high it won't be valid for any other node.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Of course we always want a flyer at the core, we just don’t like that different flyers randomly spawn for each team. Why can’t they be the same? They are everywhere else.
So the base game, each node's factory (name for a vehicle spawner), is set statically by the mapper at edit time tied to the closed (physically) node/core... so typically that means when you're mapping you set it up that way.

In the usual VehicleRandomizer, you tell it Node Groups and it randomizers each group, meaning those nodes in the node group get the same vehicles. That code does have the ability to set a node group to ALL flyers for every factory, but it can't control individual ones that way, it isn't coded like that.

We also have UltimateMappingTools, Ultimate vehicle factory. Those are set statically by the mapper, but inside those factories, instead of simply spawning the same vehicle, it can spawn vehicles Randomly, Sequentially, Probabilistically (you can set the chance for each vehicle). What it cannot do is know what any other factory is doing... that would take a map level, like VehicleRandomizer to manage the factories.

This would be a fair coding deal, and not sure its worth the time. Meaning the code would look for UltimateFactories and they sync them within a node group, but I think this would require a new factory class... TLDR; its not trivial to change.

Rhamps hack with the point value is clever, and I already knew that and that helps across multiple nodes... but it doesn't help with Dria since all the vehicles are tied to the cores.

So there's a few options:
1. Leave the Ultimate Factories with Random flyers as it is
2. Adjust random factories vehicle list (Falcon, Phoenix, Skyminer) and remove the wasp since it has no range.
3. Just make a fixed factory (that doesn't get randomized) and have it spawn the same flyer always. Enyo would like a Falcon, although maybe a Predator would work here, as its more powerful (gunner) and can help with comebacks.

I am not sure its that big of a deal, randomized, with so many vehicles on Dria, and average flyer lifespan isn't long. In fact I'll bet in the last few plays no one even noticed. Its not like its going to spawn an Ifrit, Omega, Starbolt or such.

FYI, it works like this on ChainsIsle2 and has for months, the primary spawns Cicada, Draco, Wraith and cycles through those, and I don't think there it unbalanced the map and that's a map with just a few vehicles.
. No one wants to drive the king hell hounds for some reason, despite it being very strong for a truck
Shh. I like the KHH. Secondary combo can take out a node very quickly, the truck is fast, high health (700), and the 3rd seat turret is great anti-air. I think I just want to make the trucks less bounced around....they'd be more useful then, right now a SR counters them too easily-- easier than any other vehicle.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Acerbus:
- Replace embedded grapple with Omni version.
- Adjust core vehicles (one side has bomber, the other phoenix) solution might be to make each side have both, that gives it another flyer.
- There's a few floating trees.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:13 am Acerbus:
- Replace embedded grapple with Omni version.
- Adjust core vehicles (one side has bomber, the other phoenix) solution might be to make each side have both, that gives it another flyer.
- There's a few floating trees.
Maybe add the new wasp or whatever it’s called to core or one of the primaries. Good at taking out nodes, but very susceptible to the many, many anti-air lasers on this map. Could also use a couple manta variants or node runner too, this map is quite big and most of the vehicles are quite slow.
― Mark Twain