LinkVehicles 3.0

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: LinkVehicles 3.0

Post by pooty »

If anyone want to make custom textures for LinkScorpion, TickScorpion, VampireTank please do...

I've got the base link tank3 heavy converted. I have the LinkScorpion3 pretty much done (less custom textures), although I did want to make it light up somehow when linked -- like the link tank, and I have to add the boost alt-fire.

Going to start on the Tick next.

I need to make the regular Link Tank3 now. Thinking specs, 750 Health, and one laser turret, as the plasma turret is pretty much useless unless its a low front target -- so it'd likely never get used.

I think the LinkTank3Heavy will do slightly more damage, a slightly higher linker multiplier (0.7?) vs standard 0.5. Roughly this tank should be on par with like FireTank/Hurricane and more powerful if it has a gunner and two linkers.

Vampire I think I'll use standard LinkTank mesh, with Darker Skins, and much more speed (aka Dark Rail Tank), less health but able to drain and power up. No stacking so it will have a purple beam. I'll try to make blood red "sparks", or maybe take the goo splats and make them red for effect.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I have the Tick sort of working... Its pretty funny to watch it grow and shrink with its health, I'll try to get a video of it.

I need to polish a few things off with it, when it grows (2x) it needs to move accordingly....if its empty it ends up with half the wheels in the terrain. I am not sure its hit box resized though?

I think I am going to make it so if its bigger, it not only has more health but does more damage....

It also made me think of another vehicle.. maybe a manta type, with a beam, that not only drains, but acts as grapple... it'd be the Parasite.

Also, on the LinkTankHeavy, I think the second seat is going to be straight up link gun as well. It will be a fairly powerful linker, espeically if someone links it, since you'd have two link guns with multiplier (a multiplier's multiplier if you will). So few here use more than one per vehicle and its a shame.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:49 pm
Also, on the LinkTankHeavy, I think the second seat is going to be straight up link gun as well. It will be a fairly powerful linker, espeically if someone links it, since you'd have two link guns with multiplier (a multiplier's multiplier if you will). So few here use more than one per vehicle and its a shame.
That's okay. I think it's about time we have a vehicle on this server that truly kicks as with two people using it. Or maybe we do already and nobody ever does it. Maybe that two-turret black and red tank?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Maybe that two-turret black and red tank?
Hydra. Yes its like a double tank, its pretty accurate too.
Odin, can if you read below heal itself (it was a bug, but now its a feature), SubZero and I had fun with me healing it while he blasted away..
pooty

Post by pooty »

if its empty it ends up with half the wheels in the terrain. I am not sure its hit box resized though?
Snarf any ideas?
I tried

bSetCol = SetCollisionSize(default.CollisionRadius * CurrDrawScale*2, default.CollisionHeight * CurrDrawScale*2);
Doesn't seem to work. Even though the vehicle is bigger, the collision with other actors is still based on original size.

It grows half in the terrain, and I can move it up:
NewLocation.Z = Location.Z + Damage/15;
SetLocation(NewLocation);
but it stays "hovering" doesn't fall, must be somethign to tell it to allow gravity to work on it (Karma physics call or something)
It does fall if the Driver enters...so either something in tick or physics to make it fall. It'd be a cool effect to have it "bounce" while its feeding.

I am going to build out the HeavyLinkTank, LinkTank3, Vampire Tank, LinkScorpion3 (done), and get them on the server soon, that should be done fairly quickly. I just need to build out the skins for the various versions, so you can see difference between Heavy, regular link tank, Vampire tank (purplish), and the two scorps.

Also, so there's various formulas for link stacking. The link tank uses this:
Damage = Damage * (1*NumLinks+1);

This is different than Link Badger/Link Flyer which uses
Damage = Damage * (1.5*NumLinks+1);
So 1 linker = 2.5x, 2 linkers = 4.5x, 3 linkers = 6x, 4 linkers = 7.5x (this is likey too high?)

I think the LB/LinkFlyer are a bit OP with that... Flyer maybe not so much as it usually only matters linking nodes, but damn LB is way better than any link tank. I hesitate to change those though as they are pretty popular...

Also keep in mind linkers aren't just link gun, but any vehicle that can link. So say you have 3 link flyers with 2 linking the first, first one would do 4.5x damage!

Might have the heavy link tank go 1.5, normal link tank 1.25 and smaller ones at 1.0 -- wait scratch that.. I'll make them all 1.5 so its consistent.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Hmm, you might need to change KScale/KScale3D in KParams to match DrawScale changes. Check the script source for examples on using KarmaParams() function.

When I messed with vehicle sizes before I always did it directly in the mesh, e.g. mechs.

scale, translation, and karma collision can all be messed with in the editor which gets saved with the mesh.

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Someday I want to see a crazy unstoppable link train on SweethomeXmas.

Hospitalier -> Odin -> Link Raptor -> Link Mech
pooty

Post by pooty »

Hmm, you might need to change KScale/KScale3D in KParams to match DrawScale changes. Check the script source for examples on using KarmaParams() function.
Yeah there's something there, I tried SetCollisionSize (returns true, sets the new sizes) but its effectively ignored...if I kdraw collision from console it stays the original size. I even tried a few functions. But that's cylinder collision and not mesh collision, I think those are different...

All that aside, made some good progress:
- LinkScorpion3 - Essentially complete. 375 Health, Did add healing to the link drain (stackable), its similar to Chupa, I figured this a scorp it needs all the help it can get. Alt-fire is boost, and its fairly fast to begin with (same as Hyena)

- TickScorpion - Mostly complete, starts with 300 health, can swell to 900 health. Resizing issue. I might just resize the drain "gun" for initial release. It does do more damage the more its engorged.

-HeavyLinkTank3 - Complete (new texture), a slightly larger version of LinkTank3, 1200-1500 health (starts with 1200 healable to 1500), does a bit more damage from driver weapon and all weapons benefit from link stacking

-LinkTank3 - Complete Basically same as Link Tank 2.0 (800 health). This was the base Link Tank, which all weapons support link stacking.
I don't see any need for the 550 health Link Tank that is on some maps, we have link flyer, link badger (not sure why that's 1000 health but its legacy now), and link scorpion for fast moving linkers. Plus it seemed like the 550 tank just gets its asskicked quickly.. since it;s less health than a badger.

-Vampire (Link) Tank - New Textures, it will be faster--thinking DarkRailTank speedsand right now has same weapon as the LinkTank, so I am trying to figure what makes sense. I think primary fire should be basically the same as the TickScorpion (only more powerful), its the Beam as primary, which links/heals and drains...it will have a good heal rate, so it should be tough to kill while draining. I envision it moving fast up to things like Levis and sucking them dry.... Trying to figure what's a good alt-fire? Maybe some kind of local Area of effect (Aegis/ION type blast?), or maybe "blood" blobs (essentially red goo). Also not sure if it should have any turrets? I don't think laser fit, but maybe one turret with plasma blasts with alt-fire link so you could double drain with a gunner, might be fun since it could actually gain more health than damage it did. Thoughts?

- Lamprey - new idea might be a manta that primary fire is a drain beam that grapples and pulls it closer to the targer...so it could latch on to flyers (or tanks, but that's less useful) while it drains. It would have a short range, but be pretty fast, maybe like 1/2 wyvern speed.
pooty

Post by pooty »

. Trying to figure what's a good alt-fire? Maybe some kind of local Area of effect
I am think it can summon a Storm (ala the Stormcaster). It wouldn't be able to fire often, maybe once every 30s, but it could summon a storm centered on the tank, and it could leave while storm rages (10s?) or so.. Might be fun and lightining fits with the Vampire theme. It wouldn't have as much height or duration as the StormCaster painter.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:04 pm ...
I am think it can summon a Storm (ala the Stormcaster).

The Stormcaster. Oh man I miss that bomb, it was so fun. Bring it back. What map had it that was deleted to never be played again?