StormCasterV3 on Server

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

StormCasterV3 on Server

Post by pooty »

Fixed the wrong pick up message (would say You got the Ion Painter). Put the code in Git.

This is the version that doesn't harm team mates. The older version (StormCasterV2) will still appear on some maps, as it got loaded directly into the map. Functionally they are exactly the same except that message.
Going forward will use the new version in the standalone file (and that's why you don't embed stuff in the maps, its a bitch to fix later).

On the next Evergreen edit I'll fix it, can't remember exactly which other maps have it (Tek maybe?)
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Re: StormCasterV3 on Server

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

One of the Minus maps had it. I think maybe Kamek? But I don't remember.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:31 pm One of the Minus maps had it. I think maybe Kamek? But I don't remember.
Not Kamek, that's a pre-new vehicles plain-jane map. It was on one of the Minus versions that got deleted. Maybe the one with the nuke tank in the middle, NightWolf? RIP: Fun MTMU maps
pooty

Post by pooty »

I seem to remember they took it off from Minus, there was bug where you cast a storm on your core at the end of the round, and it spawned next round on top of the other team as you switched.... lol.

Nightwolf was removed because the Nexis has terrible lag. I am not sure anyone misses that. I could put the NovaNuke Tank in for the nexis, but I can't see it getting played over the Rando versions.

Kamek version is on the server. Not sure what other versions you're referring to