DryIce

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

DryIce

Post by Enyo »

Something is wrong with DryIce... not sure if it's a new version, but a file named "CSapveriv" looks like it loads quickly, then loads again rather slowly and continues loading past 100%, never ends. I tried several times and could not get the map to load.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
terramerge

Re: DryIce

Post by terramerge »

Also a comment on this map - the one raptor flyer is super fast. Almost too fast. I didn't play it, but was watching. I get some vehicles being able to outrun an avril missle if they can get one shot by it. But that flyer will outrun shock rifle shots if someone has like >100ms ping. You should be able to engage flyers with shock imo.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yep, found the problem. Somewhere along the line we changed case from csapveriv.u to CSAPveriv.u
Redirect had two versions which confuses the server...redirect is linux (case sensitive), server (and most of our clients) windows which doesn't care about case sensitive file names.
pooty

Post by pooty »

terramerge wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:13 pm Also a comment on this map - the one raptor flyer is super fast. Almost too fast. I didn't play it, but was watching. I get some vehicles being able to outrun an avril missle if they can get one shot by it. But that flyer will outrun shock rifle shots if someone has like >100ms ping. You should be able to engage flyers with shock imo.
Yes, Starbolt is really fast but only in a straight line, it can't manuever, it turns slower than a mino. And it only has 175 hp, and it will smash and die if it runs into things...
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:53 pm
terramerge wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:13 pm Also a comment on this map - the one raptor flyer is super fast. Almost too fast. I didn't play it, but was watching. I get some vehicles being able to outrun an avril missle if they can get one shot by it. But that flyer will outrun shock rifle shots if someone has like >100ms ping. You should be able to engage flyers with shock imo.
Yes, Starbolt is really fast but only in a straight line, it can't manuever, it turns slower than a mino. And it only has 175 hp, and it will smash and die if it runs into things...
I'll have to play using the Starbolt a little more to get a better sense of it, but Terrmerge MAY have a point here. When I was in it on ArcticJunk Randomizer, I noticed you don't even need the left/right/back direction keys. As pooty said, if you hit any of those directions to maneuver, the Starbolt slows down immediately from its forward only warp speed and crawls along until you go forward again. BUT, if you turn using your mouse only while holding down the forward button, the Starbolt will turn on a dime, even 180 degrees without slowing down at all.

You have to think quite differently to maneuver and turn while keeping the Starbolt moving at its top speed, and I noticed most players that got in it had not quite figured that out. Sure, if you turn with your mouse you're no longer facing the enemy, but you can whip this thing around so fast, you can flank them before they even know what hit them. That said, once someone like Tater gets this flyer figured out, we may regret having it be so fast.

I wouldn't change anything on it just yet, let's give it some time to see how it plays, It's only on a couple maps anyway, and DryIce definitely needs some faster movers with that map being so huge.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes let see how it goes, it's more of a "rare" vehicle IMO, for only certain situations (like the Wyvern) and certain maps (DryIce, Panalesh, Alpine are a few that come to mind). There might be a way to change even the mouse behavior and we can always slow it down a bit.