Airpower Vehicles (Predator, Reaper, Karma Drop Ship)

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Airpower Vehicles (Predator, Reaper, Karma Drop Ship)

Post by pooty »

That link worked, on the server now.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version! Download here CSAPverIV_1.8.zip

changes

troop carrier
- reduce health from 2200 to 1200
- reduce damage from 55 to 48

predator helicopter
- reduce primary fire damage radius from 220 to 120

Reaper helicopter
- increase cloak time to 90 seconds
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:11 pm New version! Download here CSAPverIV_1.8.zip

changes

troop carrier
- reduce health from 2200 to 1200
- reduce damage from 55 to 48

predator helicopter
- reduce primary fire damage radius from 220 to 120

Reaper helicopter
- increase cloak time to 90 seconds
All good changes!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

I fixed the insta-crashing.

It was caused by the blades. So they appeared to have a really cool feature with the blades... they would do 1000 damage to people on foot, and some damage to vehicles. In the process the blades "get hurt" and do damage to the Predator/Reaper (use same blades classes).

Except none of that worked right except doing damage to Predator/Reaper, only when you first get in AND its next to something... then it did 500! pts to it killing it instantly. So I made that 10 (just avoid an 0 damage issues). So it will take slight damage on bad take off.

It would be really cool to allow it to swoop in and ginsu people on foot, but something in the blade tracing is foobar'd. Cool idea, but I wanted this fix in to avoid it blowing itself up on take off first. Maybe I'll look into fixing that, maybe not, but right now it shouldn't instantly blow up and blades seem to be mostly decorative. Seems like it would be kind of fun to swoop in do a bit of damage but then fling players around (maybe they splat maybe not), sort of like the windblade but not so OP. And Predator/Reaper would take damage doing it. Just have to figure out the tracing which seems to off.

Keep in mind it still takes collision damage like other flyers (eg. Same as Raptor) when it smashes into a wall but it won't instantly blow up.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Might be a fun chance to drop in that enhanced gore mod?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Taking the conversation here...

Fixed the hit boxes on the Predator and Reaper. This should be quite noticable now (once its on the server).

I also, while I was in the code, am in the process of doing a few weapon tweaks... (these flyers are going to be way more vulnerable now).

Predator Driver weapon 1, Laser Plasma Projectiles... these are projectiles NOT hit scan. I've made them a bit more visible and will tweak the damage to be more in line with rest of our stuff. That does mean less damage to players, and a bit more to vehicles-- will be about the same as it is now. However, the biggest change is the projectile speed... it was 24000 to start up to 40000 which is way too fast. Made it similar to the Falcon starts ~9000 goes to 30000 (accelerates). Will be easier to see now, and track/dodge.

Predator Driver Weapon 2, Reaper Driver Weapon 2, Missles. Made them a bit faster, they were pretty slow 4000. They have slow fire rate ~2 seconds and do 125 (Predator)/150 (reaper). Reaper has way shorter lock on range. Should be useful now, but might have to tweak a bit more.

Hellfire missles.. no change.

Predator Passenger weapon (Yes, Predator has a gunner! and both can take a passenger that has no weapon). The Predator gun, Vulcan minigun under the nose needs fixing. The tracking,effects are messed up, have them almost fixed now. Damage was also messed up, as it had 0.36 multiplier on vehicles (standard minigun), but we reduced the damage, so it was pretty much useless since the tracer tracking (even though its hitscan) was way off, and damage was minimal. Once I have it fixed, it should be roughly equivalent to a badger minigun, making a Predator gunner now worthwhile. With Driver using plasma, and Gunner, you can do close to 380 pts/sec! Bye, bye tank. ;)

It might take a few more days to clean everything up. And as always we can tweak as necessary..but damn it will be nice to have good hitboxes, visible predator fire, and useful gunner.

This package also has a pretty cool StarFighter, based on the Buck Rodgers starfighter...
Might be a cool flyer to develop, similar to the starbolt, but more fast straight line, less turning. Anyway just an idea but it'd be fun to see.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:09 pm Fixed the hit boxes on the Predator and Reaper. This should be quite noticable now (once its on the server).

This package also has a pretty cool StarFighter, based on the Buck Rodgers starfighter...
Might be a cool flyer to develop, similar to the starbolt, but more fast straight line, less turning. Anyway just an idea but it'd be fun to see.
Thanks pooty! Yes, it will be very nice being able to actually hit those pesky choppers!

For the Starfighter, would be cool if it starbolt fast (or faster) shot you in a straight line until you drop a nuke strike. Then it shoots straight up into space and ejects you.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

1.9 on the server. So we should have improved hit boxes, and changes detailed below.

One oddity, when I try to view the updated animation file (which has the collisions) they don't show up in the editor, it always shows the old ones. However, and I tested in game side by side the original predator and CS version and they are different. Something glitchy in the editor?

But lets try it out and see.