OP vehicles..

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: OP vehicles..

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Crazy idea... replace the Omega's primary fire with an Ion Painter? It's basically the same weapon, except the pilot just needs to roll the dice on being able to hold the target for a couple seconds while being vulnerable.

Or find another way to make it a devastating vehicle that isn't so easy to hide. Like a suicide bomber vehicle (Nova) that triggers the WGS nuke, a one-use vehicle.

Or, to go with what Anon was saying, have it just fire a nuke. The projectile is slow and fairly easy to knock down. With a slow reload time that might work.

Throwing ideas...
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:56 pm Crazy idea... replace the Omega's primary fire with an Ion Painter? It's basically the same weapon, except the pilot just needs to roll the dice on being able to hold the target for a couple seconds while being vulnerable.

Or find another way to make it a devastating vehicle that isn't so easy to hide. Like a suicide bomber vehicle (Nova) that triggers the WGS nuke, a one-use vehicle.

Or, to go with what Anon was saying, have it just fire a nuke. The projectile is slow and fairly easy to knock down. With a slow reload time that might work.

Throwing ideas...
A flying ion canon was the whole point of the Omega, those are entirely different flyers. Changing the primary fire is the same thing as just deleting the Omega from the vehicle inventory. In regards to the first idea, the Omega is already totally vulnerable when approaching any ground vehicle with lasers, so it's already a dice roll when attacking those.

And while hiding behind objects and sneaking out for a kill is a good tactic, as it is now with reduced range it can do nothing against lasers that are sitting out in open territory. Right now, the Omega is somewhat useful only on MTMU Kitchen Sink with all the buildings.

Pooty, another idea would be to increase the range back up and make the respawn super slow like the mino, 90 secs.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Omega 2.3
Here's some changes:
Range 14000
Primary Damage 100 (vs. 200) -- this isn't the true amount due to "blast radius, and longer lived ion blast (meaning its not all done instantly).
Primary Damage Radius 1750 (vs. 2000) -- slighly smaller
Momentum Transfer = 80000 vs 150000 -- little less
Secondary unchanged.
FireRate 7s a blast (1 s longer)
Takes extra damage (25% more) from Shock and LG hits.

Now before Eny of you get your panties in a bunch.
Fixed the charging bar (I think have to test on the server) -- you should see the charging bar start up if the button is held down.

Health went 225 to 275 as compensation for Range vs. original. (I noticed in testing though that Batteries didn't seem to do the right amount of damage don't know why -- bots took like three to kill me?! Nothing in code to cause this... )

Should be about as agile as Raptor

Now I tested it against vehicles it kills RailTank 600 pts one shot, does about 900-1000 to tanks...based on hitting mino/bio with it. Takes two shots to kill a full node hit dead on. The lower damage/smaller radius make it less likely though to just wipe out infantry on the edges of the blast, especially if they are shield/kegged up.

And the biggest thing is I adjusted the pitch of the main gun...before it couldn't shoot down, which seemed kind of dumb for a flyer?! It can now shoot the Ion cannon same directions as Raptor plasma. So it can shoot straight down and nearly straight up (less important).. its almost giving me nightmares of Leon/Enyo/Xexx, swooping in blasting down and then flying off... so even though the range is still less than lasers you can now shoot down on targets, before enemies below you were perfectly safe. This might be too much but lets see how it goes, since targets below have can shoot back...

And I think you should be able to defeat avrils / batteries with the Alt-fire?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Omega 2.5
Here's some changes:
Range 14500
Primary Damage 100 (vs. 200) -- this isn't the true amount due to "blast radius, and longer lived ion blast (meaning its not all done instantly).
Primary Damage Radius 1750 (vs. 2000) -- slighly smaller
Momentum Transfer = 80000 vs 150000 -- little less
Secondary unchanged.
FireRate 3.5s a blast exactly the same as ION Tank. This includes the initial charge up neither fires "instantly" upon vehicle entry
Takes extra damage (25% more) from Shock and LG hits.
Health 275

This should still be fairly powerful, two shots takes out a full node, one shot kills any vehicle 600 or less, Two shots kills 1200+. Between the rate of fire and the ability to shoot straight down now, before you have to fly low and get the angle, you can pretty much pop up, shoot down and retreat.
Super Sanka

Re: Misc Map Changes Thread..for little glitches and annoyances...

Post by Super Sanka »

pooty wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:48 pm
Helix 1.2 - Range on Main gun reduced from 17500 (so less than 20000 but considerable) to 15000. Same on side guns. This should make sure shock rifle and lasers can easily hit it. I also put a fix in that is supposed to give chutes to the passengers (driver got a chute but if you loaded as passenger you didn't get one :o ). It will also now hover when you're in the side guns as well.

I missed this. It's a good change honestly. Pooty, I was asking because prior to this change I used the range advantage to take out Krakens camped at node 6/8 on DJY. Now it's vulnerable to Kraken lasers and shock (which are 15000 range I'm guessing) so it isn't a viable strategy anymore. I think something has to be done about that vehicles HP if it hasn't been nerfed already. Especially on that map
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think something has to be done about that vehicles HP if it hasn't been nerfed already. Especially on that map
Its only a Tiamat (5000 hp) vs. Kraken (10000 hp). Good strategy is blast it with the helix as long as you can then jump out at the last second either use Batteries, or better yet, bio gun and drop goo on it as you parachute down - goo does extra (either 3x or 5x can't remember) damage to Levis, Tiamat/Krakens, Pallas, etc.

Usually on Randomizers, the Venom goo raptor can take it out, mino of course, bio tank. Also ion badger on the hills wrecks it pretty quick. Plus on DJY, the Nova missle from missle tank shoudl pretty much kill it too.