Randomizer candidates...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Randomizer candidates...

Post by pooty »

Big open map with tons of anti air and tanks/MAS that can shoot clear across the map, need to have the far corner nodes spawn flyers more reliably. In fact, other than the core and middle node, hardly any flyers spawned except a few manta variations. Maybe it was just luck of the draw, but most nodes spawned ground vehicles.
Its very random, so there is luck of the draw, but I can look at making one pair of nodes "flyer" only. Maybe as you suggest the far corner ones...but be aware if you lose that node it will get ugly fast.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Valarna V3
I made nodes 5/7 have flyers only (the one down low from the core).
I debated between corners (if you lose it the enemy has tons of flyers now) or the high primary (too much spam risk spawn killing from tanks/levis)
pooty

Post by pooty »

All-Fall-Down-TurboK is a good one to randomize.

I fixed the Spawn times on the Omega on Dria-rnd and Valarna-rnd it was 15s...way too fast, made it 100s. Its pretty much a flying mino. I almost think its speed should be reduced and or its health.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:09 am All-Fall-Down-TurboK is a good one to randomize.

I fixed the Spawn times on the Omega on Dria-rnd and Valarna-rnd it was 15s...way too fast, made it 100s. Its pretty much a flying mino. I almost think its speed should be reduced and or its health.
Yeah I was just thinking this as we played it. Randomizing the node layouts would be cool too... It could be fun to force a battle across that bridge.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:30 pm Valarna V3
I made nodes 5/7 have flyers only (the one down low from the core).
I debated between corners (if you lose it the enemy has tons of flyers now) or the high primary (too much spam risk spawn killing from tanks/levis)
I like Valarna as a randomizer, but so far both matches I played on it were one-sided shit shows. Hopefully it was because the balancer had no scores to reference yet.

Either way, seems like an incredibly difficult map to make a comeback, especially with the primary to the left of the core completely exposed on top of a hill. Maybe need to add a boulder or some other blocking volume in front of the node so tanks can't just shoot it from across the map.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Maybe need to add a boulder or some other blocking volume in front of the node so tanks can't just shoot it from across the map.
I had already added one from the original map, and added a turret, but I think it needs more of a wall. This is always been the issue with Valarna is long shooting tanks (ie mino/levis) could own this map. Figured the flyers would have to work harder to take them out. I think the goal is that high primary can get to 2/10 around one boulder, and has some spam protection from long shooters...but maybe not complete...

Also, might make sense to add a sixth vehicle to the core, and add a third to the higher primary. I do like the feel that it is NOT vehicle heavy though and teams that win have to coordinate and use the vehicles together (ie. Predator with gunner, Hospitaler with Shield operators etc.)

I think this is a map that really exposes poor play - waste your flyers, good vehicles = bad. Let the enemy set up tanks/levis in a good position and leave them alone = bad.
Randomizing the node layouts would be cool too... It could be fun to force a battle across that bridge.
On AFD-TK, yes, this could be fun. There's teleporters and a layout where 4/5 and 9/10 don't connect directly...so that the teleporters become strategic. Plus some better vehicles...and I envision a mino getting pushed off into the river lol. I also think the river needs to come into play somehow... maybe swim one end to the other fast, or put in gator fixed spawn that can drive in it undetected, I'd put a boat in but those vehicles are crappy.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Kakmo !
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Super Sanka wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:16 pmKakmo !
Not a bad idea, but I really like the regular kakmo, it's well balanced with the vehicles it has.

Unfortunately, with all the randomizers now, maps like kakmo rarely get played. Might be a good way to get it back in the rotation.

I do like the idea of map packs like pooty mentioned in another post. We could break the maps into different packs that get rotated out on a regular basis. Only problem is it's a manual process, meaning an admin has to do it every time. And everyone that likes all randomizer all the time would probably not show up when those maps are out of rotation. May or may not be a bad thing.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

I would think with MapPacks, you'd have 1-3 Randomizers, and bunch of non-random maps.
So like

Pack A
Minus-TMU-Randomizer
AJY-Randomizer
VolancoHigh Randomizer
(other maps)

Pack B
Minus-Kitchensink-Randomizer
DJY-Randomizer
Dria-Randomizer

or such.
However, there might be always on maps (MB, NVM, and I might put a randomizer or two there..) It would be good to play some of the other maps, I feel like some people give up too easily-- and don't bother to figure them out and would rather do same ol' same ol'. The probably get frustrated on some becuase they get steamrolled because they haven't figured the map / node strategy out.
pooty

Post by pooty »

ONS-All-Fall-Down-Randomizer-V1

Wait, What another Randomizer? Well, yes. They seem to be popular.
So this map has a bit of unique layout, and a couple of points.
1. Yes, there's flyers, you might get 1, 4 or none. However, there's a low ceiling from the cores, you have to take the flyers in the tunnels to the main bridge/river area. [The area over the mountains isn't complete in the map and would take some time to rework it, and it might "break" the play on the map]

2. Only fixed vehicle is the Dark Levi at the cores.

3. Unlike other randomizers, not all nodes are "paired". So on other Rando Maps, which are mostly symmetrical, nodes are paired they get same points, same vehicles for each pair, think 8/9 on Minus for example. Here, there are 4 nodes with no pair, so the 4 primaries are paired, and the two bridge nodes are paired. The other four (4,5,9,10) are all random, they have same range of point values but will all get different vehicles. You might get a shitty loadout, you might get a great loadout -- they joy/pain of randomizers.

4. No Omnitaur (Classic Mino), No MAS except the Dark Levi, No Mechs, No Bombers -- they don't work in the tunnels.

5. A few other link layouts, random of course.

As always suggestions welcome.