More ONS conversions

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

More ONS conversions

Post by captainsnarf »

I was looking for more cool DM maps to convert to ONS like GanjasRoom.

Here are a couple I found

DM-Haunted_MansionSE
This map is pretty neat! It has custom music, monsters, and a cat somewhere heh. It has terrain which I can't edit in my setup so I've just been playing DM with bots on it. It would be a cool ONS map though, maybe with similar copy/paste two sides like tittytwister, otherwise not sure where the vehicles would fit in.

DM-Grotto
This is a really good looking map with a lot of stuff going on. It would also need some expansion to fit vehicles in somewhere. It has water so might be a good candidate for the boat vehicles.
Anonymous.

Re: More ONS conversions

Post by Anonymous. »

I've played Grotto before and it's a very nice looking map.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Some of the maps in Colbye's 100th video would be cool. I'll have to get screen captures because I don't know the names. They were death-matchy type maps that have been taken off of our server.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

The only players that would be good at DM style levels right now would be Terminator and Anonymous. Would people really vote for these kind of maps? Everytime I vote for them it gets drowned out in the sea of minus and jyd voters :D.

I'd love to see DM and CTF maps get converted into ONS. Face classic would be a fun quick map if it doesn't exist already!
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

BiggerBeerBattle won the vote last night. It happens sometimes.

We don't all want to play Minus, Junkyard, and Dria on repeat forever. DM style maps might make some players leave or spectate that game, but so do the tank spam maps. After BeerBattle was Blockfort, which I spectated before jumping on another server. So you lose players either way.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I contacted Jim Manduca, the author of DM-Grotto and he says it's OK for us to make an ONS conversion. When I have time I'll see what I can do. It has a lot of terrain and I might need help though, if anybody is up for it.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Super Sanka wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:06 pm The only players that would be good at DM style levels right now would be Terminator and Anonymous.
I appreciate the nice comments, but I've lost a couple steps due to the tremors in my hands.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I'm throwing in the towel and officially giving up on trying to make DM-Grotto or DM-HauntedMansion into onslaught maps. The editor is just too janky on my PC. I think I need a 16 year old PC running WinXP to do it.