UTComp

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: UTComp

Post by pooty »

On Server. Reduced tick rate from 28 to 27 and increased tween time from 5.0 to 5.5. Hopefully that helps with the load at peak times.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:54 am On Server. Reduced tick rate from 28 to 27 and increased tween time from 5.0 to 5.5. Hopefully that helps with the load at peak times.
Not sure about load, but it seriously broke the game :( unreg hits all day

Please put the tick rate back, or put it at 26. Odd tick rate might break it? not sure but it was seriously unfun that game.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I put it at 26, not sure why it being odd would matter? We can try 28 too, but 26 will be easier on the CPU and if that plays well that's better.
Could it be an issue with tween time?

I thought it was just me, but lots of unregs and hard to hit when DMing.
pooty

Post by pooty »

CPU was 50% peak, mostly under 40% so not cpu related I don't think even with the 30 players. We shouldn't see a huge difference between tick rate 26 and 28. I do think though with many vehicles they have a fairly heavy Tick() function, so I think its best on maps to limit the total number of vehicles (tick does get called even on unoccupied vehicles). I wonder what vehicle totals are for certain maps, Minus might be pretty heavy compared even to JY. Edit - Minus-KS full node layout whopping 82 vehicles, vs DJY at 64. I know we all want lots of vehicles, but I think that's going to be key -- this is way the vehicle loadout map is unplayable-- then multiply that by players and open spaces.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Captain Gordon's is regular vehicles. I don't believe the problem was vehicle related. Can we put the PingTweenTime back to 5.0 also?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Tick Rate 26, TweenTime 5.0
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

The scoreboard report, for me, keeps switching between the UTComp version and the traditional one. Not sure what I'm doing to make it switch back and forth. Last night when I spectated, ONS-Dria-Randomizer-V21 https://omnipotents2.site.nfoservers.co ... match=2134, the UTComp version wouldn't show a complete report, it was truncated, not showing all the players. I figured it was the lag that some were mentioning. But when I got the traditional scoreboard, it showed a complete report with all the players.

Snarf, did you mention recently how to disable the UTComp version of the scoreboard? Was it a setting I need to click on somewhere?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It's in the UTComp menu under the Misc tab. There is a checkbox for UTComp scoreboard. The default is unchecked/off as it only supports a maximum of 16 players. This is why it was truncated for you.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

It seems that every time I enter the game fresh, the UTComp scoreboard is running.
1. I have to use the F5 key to bring up the UTComp menu.
2. Use the ESC to close it results in the regular scoreboard displaying.
If a new game is loaded, the same sequence happens all over again, the UTComp scoreboard comes up again.

I checked the Misc settings and the Scoreboard settings are:
Use UTComp enhanced scoreboard. - Not checked
Plus all the other Scoreboard settings are not checked.

I would like to NEVER see the UTComp version of the scoreboard if possible.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Hmm, that's really weird!

Just to be clear, here are the scoreboards:

1. The scoreboard when you hit ESC

2. The default scoreboard (when you hit F1)

3. The UTComp scoreboard (when you hit F1)

You have the "Use UTComp scoreboard" checkbox not checked, but you are still getting #3? That shouldn't happen. If that's what's happening, please send me/private message me your UTCompOmni.ini so I can try to reproduce it and fix it.