UTComp

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: UTComp

Post by captainsnarf »

Nice, mine is set to 20000 muhaha. I'll check my fps and see if it goes over 90.

*edit*

I didn't notice a difference. my fps (via 'stat fps') shows 83 avg fps.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

pooty wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:07 pm Yep, I'll set the minimum to 10000 not 10001 and see if that helps.
I really don't think over 10000 is necessary unless you're keen on seeing your fps go over 85. I mean that's 8.5 frames a sec, 1 frame .125s is faster usually than average human reaction time of .15 and .3 s
8.5 frames/sec would be a slideshow. There is no relationship between human reaction time and system latency.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

The text custom colors are more of a hinderance than i thought they would be. They make the text chat really difficult to see. Team or public text chats get lost in the colored death messages. I know they can be changed in settings, but other people won't and that makes communicating that way even less effective since they won't see them.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version! Download here UTCompOmni_1.11.zip

Changes

- Add new config value NodeHealBonusPct, give extra points for healing nodes, default is 60 percent of node score, so a node score of 5 would give 3 (60% of 5) extra points.
- Update minimap radar colors to be darker, add black outline to make them more visible
- Make minotaur, omnitaur and badgertaur minimap color white so they stand out
- Add new config value NewNetUpdateFrequency, this is the frequency of the new net code update rate, the default is 200. Lowering this value may help with lag issues. It may also throw off the aim calculation? (untested)

I tested the vehicle healing bonus and it is working. Receive 1 point for every VehicleHealScore health healed (vehicle must be occupied).
pooty

Post by pooty »

8.5 frames/sec would be a slideshow. There is no relationship between human reaction time and system latency.
:roll: Duh. that's some bad math on my part. 8.5 frames .1s, the point being I think that's enough frames that human reaction time is now slower than frames..... going from 85fps to 120+ fps doesn't change much in the way of gameplay
The text custom colors are more of a hinderance than i thought they would be
I find it easier to read for some reason and I like the colors. I'll look to see if there's a way to "tone" it down a bit..
pooty

Post by pooty »

1.11 on the server.

Code: Select all

NodeIsolateBonusPct=25
VehicleHealScore=250
PowerCoreScore=10
PowerNodeScore=8
NodeHealBonusPct=60
NewNetUpdateFrequency=200
I healed a node with a bot I started it, then he jumped in front of me, both linked - we each got 6 pts, seemed odd...since a node is 8?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

oops. Math is hard heh

New version UTCompOmni_1.12.zip

changes
- fix node heal bonus points for linkers.
- possible? fix for hit sound issue

Oh I forgot to mention I added a possible? fix for the end of round shenanigans.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It seems the the end of round issue is still there. Not sure how to fix that one. I can't reproduce it. When playing with bots on the server they all run around after the round is over, but locally they don't. I found code in ONSPlus that overrides the RoundEnded state, so I copied it over hoping that would fix it. With no way to reproduce it, this will be hard to fix.

I checked the math for the node heal bonus points and it was right in 1.11. The change in 1.12 doesn't change anything. Not sure why you both got 6 points. You both get the shared link points (from ONSPlus) then I add the shared bonus points on top of it. It might be because 60% of 8 is 4.8 points. It doesn't count fractional points so that should be 4. Total points would be 12 then, so if you both got 6 then it kind of makes sense.

The only change to hit sounds that I made was to ignore certain hit sounds (like FireKill damage type). I had a check that if the damage type was 'none' then to return true (ignore that hit sound). I changed it to false in 1.12 so it would play a hit sound for a 'none' damage type. That should never really happen though and not sure it fixes anything. That means any hit sound bugs are in the base UTComp code.

The wrong color skins issue is still there, sometimes. If you have the wrong skin color, it will be fixed when you die. I think this is because of the balancer. When the round starts you might get swapped teams, but you don't die when the swap happens. The balancer knows to change your team, but it doesn't notify anybody else like UTComp that it happened.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I don't think end round is that big of deal. So there wasn't any "missing" code/event in RoundEnded state? Maybe something was super and now its missing?

And for heal points, we can always adjust the 8 pts down lower if need be.

Funny I got hitsounds now on flame tank (firekill) but still on some I don't get them, many times on lasers, which still for me were having more trouble rendering. Kind of get used to it and just fire and eventually I get a sound and then a kill.

I saw the wrong color skin once. It'd be nice to fix, but I don't think its as big an issue as it was. What happens if you get team switched by number do you keep the wrong skin?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:15 am I don't think end round is that big of deal. So there wasn't any "missing" code/event in RoundEnded state? Maybe something was super and now its missing?
I checked and that doesn't seem to be the issue. It was there before I addded the RoundEnded stuff from ONSPlus, so there was no super and it still had the problem.
And for heal points, we can always adjust the 8 pts down lower if need be.

Funny I got hitsounds now on flame tank (firekill) but still on some I don't get them, many times on lasers, which still for me were having more trouble rendering. Kind of get used to it and just fire and eventually I get a sound and then a kill.
FireTank for Flame Tank? I think FireKill might only be the fire tank. They are different tanks right? I rarely get in the fire tanks.
The laser rendering doesn't really correlate to lasers hitting. This is most noticeable on the Dragon primary fire. It's always been like that though.
I saw the wrong color skin once. It'd be nice to fix, but I don't think its as big an issue as it was. What happens if you get team switched by number do you keep the wrong skin?
If you get team switched with the teams command, you die so your color should be OK. You also die if you click 'switch teams' in the gui. I think it's only the balancer that is causing the problem at round start. I think I can make a simple change to fix it.