CSMech

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: CSMech 1.0

Post by captainsnarf »

For Rocketron I looked at the Rocket Launcher's fire and alt fire intervals and made them 20% slower. Shooting 3 individual rockets or one triple rocket takes the same amount of time. Happy to tweak it though if it needs balance.

Snipertron has the jump jets, but otherwise the mechs all have the same movement. They are all the same mech (cshoverhmech) with different mesh and weapon. I thought about making them move at slightly different speeds but didn't do it as there is a lot of work to make that happen. The animations and jump timings are tied to the movement speed for example.

They all move at '800' units which is the same speed as Goliath, except they have zero delay/acceleration when they move, so it's always at 800 speed. When jumping they move at 1600 units. The zero delay/acceleration in their movement gives them a pretty powerful force, enough to push a levi over sideways/upside down just walking into it.

I have three more bot meshes to play with. Not sure what to make yet, but I refuse to make a minigun mech :D
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:39 am I have three more bot meshes to play with. Not sure what to make yet, but I refuse to make a minigun mech :D
If avoiding this game's x-amount of infantry weapon types, then maybe something out of the box like shield gun primary fire (melee), ion tank alt fire, EMP, storm caster, shield, knockback, flamethrower etc

You basically created new projectiles with the Pallas. I'm sure you'll come up with something!
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes, like Yeah describes, I think it'd be cool to have shield mech, maybe a 180* shield, no ranged weapons, but the alt-fire like the aegis/crusader.
I also like the Flamethrower version (firechucker?)...and just use the damage types from the existing fire vehicles, so the updated ones get the fire resistance.
The other one I was thinking would be for the Mech to call the Ion Painter on itself (make it immune) so it only works where its standing. Now if you could get it holding a sword, and make the horn "By the power of GreySkull..."
And how about the Chainsaw Mech, only has melee weapon..a chainsaw.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

"Mechs are f'n stupid" - azazel
"They are too agile for the damage they do" - tater
"All/only mechs is just a shitty DM" - ?
"Add dodge jump pls" - termi

I'm going to remove double jump (sorry termi) and add a jump countdown e.g. 2-3 sec so you can't keep jumping continuously. Probably reduce jump height too. I was on the fence about adding double jump initially. I think it's too much. Snipertron will still have hover jump though since it's a special jump. I would remove jump entirely but sometimes you need it if the mechs get stuck on something.

Rocketron vs Mino should be an even match. I'm going to keep adjusting the mechs until it is.

I added a nerf - mechs take 3x damage from lightning gun and sniper rifle, 5x damage for headshot.

I'm about halfway done with Shieldbot. It has the regular shield gun shield (not paladin). I was thinking of giving it the regular shield gun primary fire also (melee) instead of the paladin purple ball thing. I might need to make it move a little different (faster?, give it the only double jump?) to compensate for it being melee only.
Tater

Post by Tater »

They are pretty powerful, and they're supposed to be for sure, but it didn't seem like they had many counterbalances... even for OMNI standards lol. Hopefully the cooldowns and nerfs can help balance them out.

I'm excited about mechs but have only been in one (Rocketron) once... I really wanna give shockatron a go.
Also excited for the shieldatron, I could actually see that being used with strategy in OMNI with some balancing... it's a cool idea.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:09 pm "Mechs are f'n stupid" - azazel
"They are too agile for the damage they do" - tater
"All/only mechs is just a shitty DM" - ?
"Add dodge jump pls" - termi

I'm going to remove double jump (sorry termi) and add a jump countdown e.g. 2-3 sec so you can't keep jumping continuously. Probably reduce jump height too. I was on the fence about adding double jump initially. I think it's too much. Snipertron will still have hover jump though since it's a special jump. I would remove jump entirely but sometimes you need it if the mechs get stuck on something.

Rocketron vs Mino should be an even match. I'm going to keep adjusting the mechs until it is.

I added a nerf - mechs take 3x damage from lightning gun and sniper rifle, 5x damage for headshot.

I'm about halfway done with Shieldbot. It has the regular shield gun shield (not paladin). I was thinking of giving it the regular shield gun primary fire also (melee) instead of the paladin purple ball thing. I might need to make it move a little different (faster?, give it the only double jump?) to compensate for it being melee only.
Ummm... the mino takes out Rocketron with one shot and Rocketron has to hit the mino twice. Nautikal took out my rocketron several times no problem with the mino on Home Sweet Home last night. That said, the mechs are probably a bit too nimble.

I would not completely remove double jump from the mechs though, they get stuck on EVERYTHING as it is. Why have a mech that can't get over small obstacles or climb a sharp hill? I would suggest adding a long cool down to double jumping instead, and some kind of lag between regular jumps to prevent bunny hopping everywhere.

I originally envisioned all the mechs having a boosted double jump like Snipertron, but not quite as high as the Snipertron goes, and with a longer cool down. Is it possible to adjust the boost angle on that? i.e. the Snipertron boost jumps more vertically than forward (which is suitable for it)... conversely could you make the Shieldbot boost more forward than up? Then you could use the shield like a battering ram to knock vehicles around. And YES, it definitely needs to have the shield gun primary fire to use as a weapon.

Each mech could have its own height and trajectory of boost, making each unique in their movement. FYI, I was able to get the Snipertron on top of the middle tower on Torlan. Makes sense to give it a way to get to places like that to snipe. Closer range mechs should have more of the forward boost jump so they can still close in on strong tanks.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes, they are like anything new. Mino wrecks them pretty quick, although close up Flakatron or Shockatron combos kill mino, IMO like mino v mino.

Also, I put a turtle on HomeSweetHome-Xmas, it seems pretty effective against Mechs.
I would not completely remove double jump from the mechs though, they get stuck on EVERYTHING as it is. Why have a mech that can't get over small obstacles or climb a sharp hill? I would suggest adding a long cool down to double jumping instead, and some kind of lag between regular jumps to prevent bunny hopping everywhere.
This ^^ they should be able to jump over things (I like jumping over tanks). Just not bunny hop so that they can't be hit...

And I like different health, movement per Mech. Some are heavy slower in your face, vs. stand off vs fast movers etc.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version available! Download here CSMech_1.3.zip

- Add armortron at 2000 health with shield gun, shield absorbs 10000 damage (turtle is 9000), melee attack
- add nerf - mechs take 3x damage from lightning gun and sniper rifle, 5x damage for headshot
- increase speed of shockatron shock projectile (+1150)
- increase damage of shockatron shock combo (+200)
- increase horn volume
- fix missing engine sounds
- animation fixes
- fix linkatron projectile link multiplier
- more jump tweaks, decrease speed of mechs in air, reduce jump velocity
- increase snipertron jump jet capacity

pooty

Post by pooty »

I'll load it up shortly. And I'll add ArmorTron to the Torlan Mech Map (at the core)
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Crap, I forgot the factory for armortron. I'm going to re-upload it real quick.

*edit* Done. Please download again if you already did. This one will have the factory.