GPolice Vehicles...Rhino,Havoc, Venom

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

GPolice Vehicles...Rhino,Havoc, Venom

Post by pooty »

So there's the GPolice Vehicles:
Rhino APC - Police Car....really should have a passenger spot(s) if its an APC. Otherwise its pretty good, and I love the siren.
Havoc - Smaller flyer, people call it a helicopter but its not. Hard to hit. Weapons fairly powerful. Not sure this one needs any tuning
Venom MKII - Larger flyer, primary fire 120 GW laser is pretty potent. Hard to hit, very agile. At least, IMO, as powerful as the original predator. Several different weapons.

These vehicles, IMO, are pretty nice, meshes/textures are well done, but need a bit of tuning to play, as a skilled pilot in the Venom can really tip the balance, but I feel the flyers are bit too powerful, especially being hard to hit. I think reducing a bit of damage, and reducing the manuverability would be a good step.
captainsnarf

Re: GPolice Vehicles...Rhino,Havoc, Venom

Post by captainsnarf »

I highly recommend making the new versions dependent on the old versions like I did with 'Dark Nephthys'.

I spent a couple hours each night over a week making a new package out of the WVHoverTank stuff, extracting textures, sounds, creating stripped down mesh packages. Then I read your post and said screw it and referenced the original package.

I was done in 15 minutes lol. I spent more time messing with paint.net making textures than I did coding.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

CSGPolice_1.0.zip

Changes

Rhino - Add secondary laser turret. There is only one weapon bone so I kind of hacked it in
Venom - reduce health, speed, bonus damage for avrils
Havoc - reduce health, speed, bonus damage for avrils
pooty

Post by pooty »

Nice!
pooty

Post by pooty »

Most of these should now be on the server (mostly randomzier maps), and I think DryIce needs an update.