Guppy

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Guppy

Post by captainsnarf »

I was playing around a bit tonight with bots. Please hold off on downloading and installing this one. I think Arbiter is a bit too OP and needs nerfed before release.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ok will do, I probably won't get to any server changes until at least Sunday.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Ok, it's ready!!!

Also, added another bomber :)

Prodigy 'spank bomber'

Video here

Besides the new vehicles, also fixed the exits and made it so you can choose your side when you exit.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So there's some issues with the primary fire on the Bombers. The twin laser thing. I believe its supposed to fire quickly. Last night several times, depending on the situation it would fire normally, but more often it would fire much, much slower, like 1-2 times a second. No other lag, movement was fine, but the firing was completely slowed down.
Not sure what the issue is or if there's a way to fix it.

I think there needs to be a bit more time between bomb releases on the Guppy. Maybe a few more seconds at least, you can almost continuously spam the bombs. I kind of envision it more as a dive bomb/strafing run vs. sitting up high and creating bomb rain...otherwise its pretty potent.

On the BioBomber..holy crap, its way too powerful. I think it can one shot Levi/Tiamat and takes two for 10000hp Kraken. It pretty much one shots ANY tank, and its a pretty wide area. Maybe making it splatter over a wider area so that tanks/MAS can't get one shotted always, and a fair delay between biobombs (4-5 seconds?)

Just some thoughts, they are on the latest Loadout map, although two different ones per side (there just isn't room any more)
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I'm not really sure why the primary fire does that. I made a change this version to try and fix it but I guess it didn't work.

It seems to be every weapon that's based on the Cicada turret has a problem, not just Guppy. Starbolt, Guppy Bomber, Predator turret, Reaper primary all seem to be affected, maybe more, pretty sure they were all copied from cicada turret. I'll try changing it some more to see if I can figure it out. The hard part is I can't really reproduce it at home. The fire interval is set at 0.1 but that's not really too low considering e.g. omfg gun shoots ok.

I'll reduce the fire rate of the bombs and damage of the bio bomb. It's hard to tell offline vs bots if they are really OP or not.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:59 am I'm not really sure why the primary fire does that. I made a change this version to try and fix it but I guess it didn't work.

It seems to be every weapon that's based on the Cicada turret has a problem, not just Guppy. Starbolt, Guppy Bomber, Predator turret, Reaper primary all seem to be affected, maybe more, pretty sure they were all copied from cicada turret. I'll try changing it some more to see if I can figure it out. The hard part is I can't really reproduce it at home. The fire interval is set at 0.1 but that's not really too low considering e.g. omfg gun shoots ok.

I'll reduce the fire rate of the bombs and damage of the bio bomb. It's hard to tell offline vs bots if they are really OP or not.
I'm pretty sure it's still doing damage at the prescribed rate of fire even though you don't see all laser shots you would expect. Seems to just be a visual glitch. Every laser turret or second seat laser gunner seems to do this too, not just the flyers.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

I don't think I've noticed it as much on things like KHH turret, centaur, mino turrets at least not to the extent on the Guppy. The former occasionally skip/don't render but compared to the guppy which feels like a total slow down for multiple seconds vs. just missing a beam or two.

I think Starbolt is affected, as is the Phoenix, although doesn't seem to be as bad.
It's hard to tell offline vs bots if they are really OP or not.
Yep! Its a PITA, when you test vs bots and seems fine and then in play its either very weak or overpowering.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Ok, new version :) Download here CSBomber_1.0.4.zip

Changes

increase fire interval of guppy bomb from 2.0 -> 4.0 sec
increase fire interval of bio bomb from 2.5 -> 4.0 sec
decrease bio bomb base damage 150 -> 75
decrease bio bomb base damage radius 200 -> 150
netcode adjustments for guppy primary, bio primary
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:22 pm Ok, new version :) Download here CSBomber_1.0.4.zip

Changes

increase fire interval of guppy bomb from 2.0 -> 4.0 sec
increase fire interval of bio bomb from 2.5 -> 4.0 sec
decrease bio bomb base damage 150 -> 75
decrease bio bomb base damage radius 200 -> 150
netcode adjustments for guppy primary, bio primary

Bio bomb? Is that a separate bomber or a different bomb from the Guppy. I must've missed a post or two again.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Different from the Guppy. Basically a guppy that drops big gobs of bio goo.