Guppy

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Guppy

Post by captainsnarf »

I made a new flyer 'Guppy' out of the existing 'Bomber' mesh that the game has (used by target painter).

Primary fire is machine guns, secondary drops a bunch of bombs. Double tap forward (like dashing) to boost.

Video here
Download here CSBomber_1.0.zip
Tater

Re: Guppy

Post by Tater »

One of the mushroom forest vehicles is called the guppy, not sure if it'll conflict or anything
flier sounds awesome though!
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Tater wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:41 pm One of the mushroom forest vehicles is called the guppy, not sure if it'll conflict or anything
flier sounds awesome though!
Oh yeah, it's one of those 'toon vehicles right? I think I remember it.

Other than confusion I think it should be fine. The engine can handle that ok. I've play tested maps with pallas 1.1 and 2.0 at the same time. Also, it's not actually called Guppy in code (CSBomber)
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Damn, snarf you are on friggin fire!
pooty

Post by pooty »

Any maps this might be good on?
AJY-Randomizer? DryIce? DesertedSands? TwinFang maybe? Panalesh?
I need to get this loaded up, and update a few maps.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It should work on maps that also have the Phoenix. Game mechanics are pretty similar.

main weapon dps = 160 (80 x2)

bomb volley damage = 30dmg x 10 x 2 = 600 (but it's really hard to hit all of that on one target)

flies like predator, pretty fragile but not as fragile as predator. One secret I didn't mention, you can ride on top of it like manta. It's strong against other flyers and some vehicles, weak against pedestrians. The offset fire makes it hard to hit pedestrians. You have to offset your aim to hit them.

If you don't offset your aim, your bullets whiz past them, just like in the movies :D
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

captainsnarf wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:38 am It should work on maps that also have the Phoenix. Game mechanics are pretty similar.

main weapon dps = 160 (80 x2)

bomb volley damage = 30dmg x 10 x 2 = 600 (but it's really hard to hit all of that on one target)

flies like predator, pretty fragile but not as fragile as predator. One secret I didn't mention, you can ride on top of it like manta. It's strong against other flyers and some vehicles, weak against pedestrians. The offset fire makes it hard to hit pedestrians. You have to offset your aim to hit them.

If you don't offset your aim, your bullets whiz past them, just like in the movies :D
What do you mean offset? Like the crosshairs aren't centered? Or like it's not hitscan?
Edit: nevermind I get it now
pooty

Post by pooty »

Updated ONS-MassDestructi)o(nWideSpread-V17 - Added CSBomber Guppy. Doesn't work, it loads the DragonFly on the server? Loads fine locally.
Not sure what's up with that? I checked server logs, and no errors or warning with respect to the vehicles. I'll leave it on the server so we can test it.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:36 pm Updated ONS-MassDestructi)o(nWideSpread-V17 - Added CSBomber Guppy. Doesn't work, it loads the DragonFly on the server? Loads fine locally.
Not sure what's up with that? I checked server logs, and no errors or warning with respect to the vehicles. I'll leave it on the server so we can test it.
That's weird! I did test it quite a bit on my server on my LAN, which is 100% stock server with no mods on it. I'm using the mutator though. I realize I did not include a vehicle factory in the package. I'll add that. New version Download here CSBomber_1.0.1.zip

Since there was no vehicle factory, I'm guessing you changed an existing factory's VehicleClass property to be 'CSBomber.CSBomber'? I don't think that would work for the players. Their machine doesn't know what that type is. If it was a known type it would work, but not for a new type. It would work if you also embedded an actual CSBomber in the map (Actors -> ... -> Place new CSBomber here). Then when the players join the map the CSBomber.u file will also download.

Using the new vehicle factory should fix all that.

That also means the 'DragonFly' (if you can call it that) on ONS-MassDestruci)o(nWideSpread-V17 is *really* borked. On the server it is running as CSBomber, but for the players it's DragonFly. That's going to cause some weird glitches.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Hmm. I've done that many times though, changed VehicleClass without changing the factory. So I am not sure the type matters, I've changed flyers to tanks, badgers to trucks etc without any issues. However though most of that was via myLevel, and all the explict package.class all have (AFAIK) factories associated with them (I don't think I've build any custom vehicles without it)

I've put the updated version on the server. Still does the same thing. I tried it locally with Listen server and it works fine. I've pulled the V17 map for now and I'll try updating it with CSBomber Factory later today. Plus I think that map needs some vehicle rearranging/deletion. Core is pretty crowded. I put the Bomber at the back but there's no easy way up there.