Post-Match Banter Here

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Post-Match Banter Here

Post by Enyo »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:23 pm My "Enyo effect" is the following:

>Go to battle at node X, eventually get killed in 3v1 battle with enemies before X gets built.
>Respawn elsewhere, get a new vehicle, return to node X.
>Go to battle at X, die again...
>Rinse and repeat a few times....
>"WHERE MY TEAM I'M AT NODE X NOBODY IS HERE TO HELP ME!"
>We've been leap frogging the same node for the last five minutes.

It really is amazing though how you can have 16 people on a team and you rarely see more than three or four of them at any node at one time.
Yep, that truly is the problem, a team that ends up all discombobulated because they're not really working together very well, sometimes simply disagreeing about which node to go to often kills the teamwork (ahem, Ebno). That's exactly what got GTKU worked up the most, people not understanding basic node/map strategy. And that's also what I think killed our team on that Dria-Randomizer match. We had a huge core point lead in OT, but the enemy locked middle node 2, and most of our team kept trying to fight to get node 1 back up (which is harder, more exposed) instead of 9 in order to even the map back up and still win. Meanwhile, half the other team was easily able to overrun 9 and eventually the whole map.

Or, often times you get 3 or 4 players that try to aggressively hit key nodes, but the bottom half of the team is aggressively wasting all your fastest and most powerful vehicles, so the "good" players are unable to get to a key node at the same time together, and they end up feeling like, to quote a bot, "I'm all alone here!"
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Enyo wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:05 am ...
Players that become God-like when not on my team:
I dunno McLovin, is it just part of the Enyo effect?
GTKY thought the same thing. He said more than once he believed people on his team were actually sabotaging their team just to see Guy rage over it, LOL
pooty

Post by pooty »

I don't think I've noticed anyone deliberately sabatoging..if I do they will get a kick timeout. Most of the players on that list do pretty well, but we all have off nights, get too tired. I'd say too drunk, but I swear I play much better after a couple of beers.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Once blue was ahead it seemed like they just wanted to sit back and snipe and get kills. Red kept attacking nodes and eventually caught up. Blue never got out of snipe mode. I recall one instance blue could have easily taken 8 to lock 1, but they were too busy DMing with me instead of shooting the node. The node is worth 5 points, shooting me is only 1 :P
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

captainsnarf wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:55 am ...
they were too busy DMing with me instead of shooting the node. The node is worth 5 points, shooting me is only 1 :P
I see this ALL THE TIME and it drives me batty.

The enemy node is barely hanging on, one shot and it will go down. But instead of going for the node, they go for an enemy player that is nearby. They kill the enemy, but the node has locked. NODES NODES NODES! For me, nodes always trump killing the enemy.

Perfect example: Tanks-A-Lot
1. The enemy has locked the center node.
2. Their Kraken has spawned.

SHOOT THE NODE, NOT THE KRAKEN
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

my ass still hurts you f*cker :D

Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

:D
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Wall dodging, good aim... that's not the real coldcut!

sound of coldcut's voice on com

holy shit, it is?! :o 8-) nice one last night
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:34 am Wall dodging, good aim... that's not the real coldcut!

sound of coldcut's voice on com

holy shit, it is?! :o 8-) nice one last night
Yeah, now we all know for sure he's a fuckabout most of the time and actually knows how to play. I even saw him linking a node! :o
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Sometimes the teamwork wins, and not always points....