Player rank points

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
infinitecat

Player rank points

Post by infinitecat »

I was perusing the game logs when I saw something that blew my tiny little mind. In a late-Wednesday night game of Fast n Furious Xexx OMFG-ed the enemy node inside of 32 seconds and was awarded almost 34 player rank points. Xexx is a great player, no question, but that seems like a LOT of reward for very little effort. The player rank multiplier may need some adjustment. Just sayin'.
Attachments
Xexx.png
Xexx.png (35.11 KiB) Viewed 2977 times
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Player rank points

Post by pooty »

Yes, it gets a bit skewed with fewer players. I might look into not logging matches with less than 4 players.
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

I feel a bit insensitive that I didn't also note that ku got royally boofed by the algorithm, losing ALL his rank points as a result.

Poor ku.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Ha, Xexx vs. ku
Provert

Post by Provert »

Funny that everyone worries about points. I look at efficiency. A higher score there means you are doing more to help your team and/or not dying as much to me.
pooty

Post by pooty »

OMFG-ed the enemy node inside of 32 seconds and was awarded almost 34 player rank points.
I'll add that things like OMFG, Minos, even Levi variants, all skew points. Its likely, IMO, the biggest reason the balancer has issues. Someone can rack up a ton of points (even with a lesser vehicle like an ION tank say on TAL), over a couple matches, then get put on a team and not get the power vehicle and be absolutely dismal.
terramerge

Post by terramerge »

We should remove 2Fast2Furious from the ranking calculation.
Played it tonight - managed a -1, and it took my rank points from 152.73 to 51.95 (-100.78):
https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/mat ... match=1156
I can play 5 maps after that and it's still not up to anywhere close (gaining 10 to 15 points per map).
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Provert wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:02 pm Funny that everyone worries about points. I look at efficiency. A higher score there means you are doing more to help your team and/or not dying as much to me.
Agreed! Bunch of point-whores. I never look at points or care.