Games like UT2k4

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
terramerge

Games like UT2k4

Post by terramerge »

Steam summer sale is on. Any games like UT2k4 you enjoy playing?
EmanReleipS

Re: Games like UT2k4

Post by EmanReleipS »

The only other shooter that I've really enjoyed so far is Splitgate, which is actually free to play (only cosmetic items for sale). Players' skills basically depend on how well they place their portals to trick their enemies. It's got a lot of game modes, but I miss Onslaught. The movements in UT are also better and the player base in Splitgate seems rather small. But overall Splitgate is a nice game and the devs seem very involved with the community.
Tater

Post by Tater »

Toxikk on Steam.
Same feel of the older-style games like UT and Quake, but revamped with modern graphics. I played around with the free version and it seems fun (really similar to UT), but sadly the player base is heavily lacking and it's missing Onslaught / a modding community.
It's interesting how much better they did at making a modern UT compared to the actual newest UT (which you can also play in it's early stages for free I think).
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by McLovin »

Tater wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:04 pm Toxikk on Steam.
Is there any collaborative play like Capture-the-Flag or other? Or is it only death-match?
Tater

Post by Tater »

McLovin wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:20 pm Is there any collaborative play like Capture-the-Flag or other? Or is it only death-match?
Yea there's a few gamemodes, but I don't remember if you have to pay... it had a restriction of somesort where you couldn't look at the server browser if you hadn't bought thegame, but you could do a random quick-join; I only poked around on it for an hour or so, I think I'd be playing that if it had half as much freedom / community / players as UT2004 used to.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I've played Toxikk...and I think I bought it a while back it seemed pretty good but lacking on mods/community
terramerge

Post by terramerge »

Thanks for the suggestions all.

I'll try out Toxikk.

I enjoyed the pre-alpha unreal tournament than got cancelled because of Fortnite. Played a lot of blitz mode on that. In blitz the defending team players each have 5 lives and most stop the flag from getting to base. The attacking team players have unlimited lives, and must move a flag to base. There are capture points along the way that allow closer respawns. Less capture time is more points, and if time expires the defending team scores a point. Sort of mix of CTF and assault. The pre-alpha had a small modding community. But no game style quite as good as Onslaught. If anyone wants to try out blitz, I'm happy to get a team together for that.

Really I'd just want a remastered UT 2k4 onslaught style mode with vehicles, better graphics, and less terrain glitches.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I've been playing GTA San Andreas for the last few weeks. Even on my iPhone it's pretty fun and the controls work. Lots of running around and shooting and great vehicle damage/physics. And it's single player so you can go anytime!

Other than that the only other FPS games I've been into are Battlefield 1942 (original and Desert Combat mod) and Star Wars: Dark Forces

I tried Halo for a bit but I can't stand how there are no special movements (dodging etc).

I grew up on SNES, had a few computer games and have pretty much stuck with just UT2004 since then. I don't really like new video games.
TheSage

Post by TheSage »

These days I primarily play Overwatch. My aim has always been fairly mediocre, and it's one of the few games like UT where movement has an almost equal level of importance so I can still do well. Back in my UT days I was an Assault player, and one of Overwatch's game modes feels at least somewhat similar.

What I wouldn't give for a UT2004 remaster...
I am a Robot

Post by I am a Robot »

i actually bought ut2k4 on a sale lol. The mechanics are far superior to the popular shooting games now.

when aliens fireteam comes out ill be playing that since im a fan of the franchise.