Map Replay Limit

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Map Replay Limit

Post by McLovin »

leon wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:22 pm You don't need a lot of skills to play tanks.
I laugh in your general direction. LOL Sorry, must be a lost-in-translation problem.
Terminator wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:11 pm I miss playing Star Reach, Basement Home Theater, Grit Nights, Tanks A Lot, Barracks 2017 version, Master Shower.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:56 pm I’m surprised Star Reach doesn’t get more play. That used to be a super popular map.
Vote often and vote quickly. Most people don't search the list for their fav map, they just vote for what has already been selected.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ugh. After 5 or 6 straight nights of same freaking maps, like Dria, I think,unless anyone really objects, to bump up the limit from 11 to say 15, this should allow for your favorites to be at least every other night, so we don't play the same 5 maps every night.

I do think the long list of maps is partly to blame people seem to not want to scroll.

Plus, I think there's always "Admin's choice" every now and then (of course we all know McLovin's choices).
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:28 am Ugh. After 5 or 6 straight nights of same freaking maps, like Dria, I think,unless anyone really objects, to bump up the limit from 11 to say 15, this should allow for your favorites to be at least every other night, so we don't play the same 5 maps every night.

I do think the long list of maps is partly to blame people seem to not want to scroll.

Plus, I think there's always "Admin's choice" every now and then (of course we all know McLovin's choices).
Don't really wanna say I told you so, but I told you so. This one wasn't very hard to predict.

I need to exercise the admin's choice option more. I think we need to announce it well ahead of forcing a map though. As in state we're going to do it well before the map voting begins, "next map will be whatever the fuck I decide." I usually give a reason though, like it's a new pooty map or new vehicle or something new. But it could be just because we haven't played a certain good map in a long time.

But, yes, please bump the map cool down up a bit more. 15 sounds good.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:28 am ...
Lazy people are the reason people seem to not want to scroll, not the list. And for gawd's sake, don't delete maps to make the list shorter for the lazy people. Ya bunch of book burning Nazi's.

It's probably outside the limits of what can be done on the server side, but is it possible to disable the ability to click on a map that has already been voted for. Make em use the gawd damn list to vote.
pooty

Post by pooty »

It's probably outside the limits of what can be done on the server side, but is it possible to disable the ability to click on a map that has already been voted for. Make em use the gawd damn list to vote.
Not without rewriting the vote handler...its probably not worth the time.
Besides, like last night when there was a spirited political discussion (it stayed civil mostly), and no one voted and we had to play All-Fall-Down which most complained about -- but they didn't vote lol. Some complained they wanted it removed because it sucks.
We did a get a mid game vote initiated though (if half the players vote it will change the map to the highest voted)....

Mostly though, I am of the opinion its just laziness. Lazy to scroll (and you can sort the map by name, sequence, times played) and vote. And worse yet lazy to learn newer/other maps.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:38 am ...
when there was a spirited political discussion (it stayed civil mostly), and no one voted and we had to play All-Fall-Down which most complained about -- but they didn't vote lol.
That's funny, serves them right, LOL
pooty wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:38 am ...
Some complained they wanted it removed because it sucks.
Bunch of book-burners, LOL