Stats DB

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Stats DB

Post by captainsnarf »

Hmm, I don't see that in the code anywhere. When I tested vs a bot in a raptor, I got 1 point not 2. I'll need to check ONSPlus too then.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:40 pm confirmed... 1pt for mino. and 1pt for Driver ... you will get extra point per gunner too though.. so fully staffed mino = 4pts.
Should we set that flag? What about other "power" vehicles? Ion? Falcon?

Idk if we should or not, I don't put much into "scores" fun is winning matches vs. being top of the leader board in points. In some way right now the biggest points awards are for building/killing nodes as it should be.
Accurate scoring isn't about being top of anything, why do people keep going back to that same tired old false premise. How can you say you don't put much into scores when we have a balancer built on them? If scores don't matter, then turn the balancer off for good. Then scores really won't matter.

We award 5 pts just for killing Levis, Tiamats, etc, but zero for almost all other vehicles? Why? And why 5 pts for an ion kill? I have seen myself and other players awarded only 1pt for killing Tiamats. That's the issue I'm trying to get at, it's doesn't always award 5 pts.

These two things I think are the biggest variables I see that could also be causing a seemingly uneven scoring:
1) kill person that is attacking node=2
2) kill person < 2000 units from your node=2

What about fighting around nodes nobody yet owns? Does #1 apply there? In other words, does a node have to be fully built for #1 to apply, or can it be partially built to take effect?

And does #2 apply to killing someone < 2000 units from your locked nodes, unlocked nodes or both?

Point I was making is there's something not calculating correctly. I've had many, many matches where literally everything I kill awards only 1 pt. I've watched it happen when spectating other players too. But it doesn't do it all the time and I haven't been able to find a consistent pattern.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Here is the comment from code

TeamGame.uc -> ScoreKill()

Code: Select all

// Kill Bonuses work as follows (in additional to the default 1 point
//	+1 Point for killing an enemy targetting an important player on your team
//	+2 Points for killing an enemy important player

if ( CriticalPlayer(Other) )
{
	Killer.PlayerReplicationInfo.Score+= 2;
	Killer.PlayerReplicationInfo.NetUpdateTime = Level.TimeSeconds - 1;
	ScoreEvent(Killer.PlayerReplicationInfo,1,"critical_frag");
}
'killing an enemy targeting an important player' only applies to CTF. You get 1 extra point for killing the flag carrier.

for ONS, here is what a 'critical player' is:

Code: Select all

function bool CriticalPlayer(Controller Other)
{
	local int x;

if (Other.Pawn == None || Other.PlayerReplicationInfo == None)
		return Super.CriticalPlayer(Other);

for (x = 0; x < PowerCores.length; x++)
		if ( (PowerCores[x].CoreStage == 0 || PowerCores[x].CoreStage == 2) 
			&& PowerCores[x].DefenderTeamIndex != Other.GetTeamNum()
			&& ((PowerCores[x].bUnderAttack && Other.PlayerReplicationInfo == PowerCores[x].LastDamagedBy) 
		 	|| VSize(Other.Pawn.Location - PowerCores[x].Location) < 2000) )
			return true;

return Super.CriticalPlayer(Other);
}

If you kill the last person to attack a node (active or constructing) while the node is under attack (flashing), you get 2 extra points.

you can also get two extra points for killing an enemy less than 2000 units from the same node, that is, an active/constructing node that is flashing. For reference, 2000 units is the blast radius of the minotaur.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

The ONSPlus version I have the source code for is ONSPlus 1.0. It looks like the server is running a different version. The 1.0 version doesn't have the bVehicleDistanceCheck flag anywhere.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes, we are running 101_beta31. I have the files somewhere, they are on that website, I had to play with the URL a bit to find it.