Bug list

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Tater

Re: Bug list

Post by Tater »

Those are both cool mechanics but for aggressive flyers I prefer to just fall as quickly as possible... less time in air less time you are an easy target imo.
I just use shield gun and fall into sloped terrain to minimize damage
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by captainsnarf »

I want to focus on bug fixes first. Once we have the vehicles all fixed we can talk adding features.

edoChute is implemented as an inventory item/power up. You get the power up when entering one of the AP flyers. It wouldn't take much work to add a pickup for it so it could be added to maps as a power up instead.

I'm not sure about eject seat. Seems controversial. It's nice for the person that has it, but if you blow up their flyer, you should get a kill. Seems unfair not to. What's wrong with exiting the vehicle when you have a few pts health left? Is that not the eject already? It might be ok but only for certain vehicles that people expect it from.

While we are talking features, one idea I had was to make a super shield gun that can take damage from tanks. We have all the OP tanks now but player strength hasn't changed over the years. Battery launcher helps bring balance back but was thinking players still need more options vs vehicles. Maybe giving players a shield that's useful vs the OP tanks would help.
Provert

Post by Provert »

I've been saying we ned to be able to eject bad gunners from our vehicles. You know, that guy who HAS to fire the laser continually giving away your location...
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Provert wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:01 am I've been saying we ned to be able to eject bad gunners from our vehicles. You know, that guy who HAS to fire the laser continually giving away your location...
Admins already have this ability, it's called a bitch slap. I bitch slapped Azazel out of the dragon he stole from me last night, he was on my team. After I even went back to pick his ass up when I took off in it the first time, and after we charged a node, he then jumped in it and took off without me. A swift bitch slap out of the dragon and subsequent whining followed.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Ok, the easy ones are done. I have modded versions of Ballista, HellHound, KingHellHound, Alligator, Minotaur, ONSMobileAssaultStation (levi), Kraken, and Tiamat. Fixes include RMB zoom standard for all turrets and fix for BioTank rolling the camera for Mino, Levi, Kraken, and Tiamat.

I'm working on hammerhead now. I pulled the code from the Loadtest map so it's the camo looking version with passenger seat. Not sure if we want this one but I can change it. I'm having some trouble pulling the static mesh out of the package so for now when it blows up it looks like a dead raptor.

For testing I added some shock balls to where the exit locations are. I can't really tell what X=0,Y=-165,Z=100 means without looking at it.

What's wrong with the exits again? I can add more or move them. Adding more will probably fix whatever the issue is.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think we want the team colored hammerheads. And the exit is when flying and you bail, sometimes you end up on top/side of it and get smashed before you ever leave the ground; Also, I seem to remember there's an issue when landed trying to get out where you end up kind of inside the mesh.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:32 am What's wrong with the exits again? I can add more or move them. Adding more will probably fix whatever the issue is.
The biggest issue is you can't exit right before it blows up without dying too like you can with all other vehicles. When flying, it seems to eject you on top of it, so you're basically sitting on top while it explodes. I don't know if it's the shape Hammerheads or the exit location or what, but you can bail with 200 HP left in it and still not make it out alive.

Maybe some exits on the sides would help? You can get in them from the side, as well as front and back, although getting in from the front doesn't always seem to work, for me anyway. Adding more exits might work, but seems we need to remove getting ejected from the top of it somehow to really eliminate the problem.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Is the eject seat a possible option? I'm talking about the one that shoots you up the air 30 feet and you land safely. That way we can be cool and somewhat re-enact Top Gun.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:07 pm Is the eject seat a possible option? I'm talking about the one that shoots you up the air 30 feet and you land safely. That way we can be cool and somewhat re-enact Top Gun.
Ummm... Goose died when he ejected. I think the F-14 is a distant cousin to the Hammerheads, lol.
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I pulled the code for Hammerhead from the Dria-TankMeUp-V6 map instead since it has the team skin. I noticed the exit positions are different in that version.

I played around with it a bit, tried moving them, but it still seemed to have the bug? Here is a video of the bug I think you guys are talking about. When you exit, it tries to squash you. It didn't seem to matter where I put the exits. It still squashed me.

I went ahead and rewrote the exit code so that doesn't happen anymore.

Video of new exit code

I still have the problem of when it blows up, it looks like a dead raptor. I'm not sure how to fix that as I cannot pull the static mesh out of any package it seems. I'll need the missing 'HammerHead_SM.usx' file but I can't find it anywhere.

Next is Basilisk and Hurricane.