Bug list

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Bug list

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:56 pm I still have the problem of when it blows up, it looks like a dead raptor. I'm not sure how to fix that as I cannot pull the static mesh out of any package it seems. I'll need the missing 'HammerHead_SM.usx' file but I can't find it anywhere.
Hell yeah! I don't care if it looks like a pumpkin pie when it explodes as long as the exit is fixed!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Hurricane collision boxes

Original

Modified

I need to try it out but hopefully this improves things. I think the turret itself has no collision so it's hard to capture its funky shape in a box.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:17 am Hurricane collision boxes...
I need to try it out but hopefully this improves things. I think the turret itself has no collision so it's hard to capture its funky shape in a box.
FYI, tank shells frequently go straight thru the broad side, where the pink collision box shows. I've also seen shells go thru the tank tracks, so I'm not sure the issue is with the top blue collision box. It looks like there's a significant gap between the top and bottom boxes, as well as below the bottom box where the tank tracks are. That seems like the 2 areas the pass thru shots happen.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Here is Goliath's collision for reference:

I've never had a problem hitting a Goliath, and it has a gap between the blue and pink boxes. I'm not sure that's the problem. I'll play around with it tonight and see what I can find.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

It's interesting seeing these. You're right, never seems to be a problem hitting Goliaths on their side, but shots will go thru the very bottom of the treads on all tanks where you can clearly see the hit box does not extend all the way to the ground. Is there a reason it can't?

Just stabbing in the dark here... but a difference I noticed between Hurricane and Goliath is the pink box on Goliath extends all the way to the outside edges of the body frame. On the Hurricane it looks like the pink box is inside the body a bit. I know from experience that shots do hit the Hurricane on the side if you hit the front area just right, seemingly where the pink box is exposed at the front.
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

'HammerHead_SM.usx'
I'll look in the omni archive later today.

WRT to HH, any way to make an exit underneath when its flying? I thought the engine wouldn't let you exit into a collision..like exiting a tank against the wall it won't ever let you exit INTO the wall. Heck even if its 50-50 to exit a the bottom it would be better. My question is how do some manage it rather consistently to bail and fall?

WRT to Hurricane, maybe the pink box needs to go a bit lower. The Goliath one goes about halfway on the treads, where the Hurricane does not. If the projectile goes under it, just barely maybe it looks like a broad side hit / miss / ureg?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:47 am
'HammerHead_SM.usx'
I'll look in the omni archive later today.

WRT to HH, any way to make an exit underneath when its flying? I thought the engine wouldn't let you exit into a collision..like exiting a tank against the wall it won't ever let you exit INTO the wall. Heck even if its 50-50 to exit a the bottom it would be better. My question is how do some manage it rather consistently to bail and fall?

WRT to Hurricane, maybe the pink box needs to go a bit lower. The Goliath one goes about halfway on the treads, where the Hurricane does not. If the projectile goes under it, just barely maybe it looks like a broad side hit / miss / ureg?
The different vehicles have different exit code, and there are also flags that affect the exit code like bRelativeExitPosition flag. I don't have it in front of me atm but I believe with the flag on, the engine does a hit trace from center towards the exit position and drops you at the first place there is no collision. This would put you directly next to the vehicle.

The raptor had some extra logic to place you behind the direction of travel when flying. There was a comment "//todo make this not specific to this model after the demo". I think they said that because the raptor special logic had hard coded values for the collision volume sizes (hard coded to raptor). The hammerhead inherited the same code. Probably didn't work right with different collision sizes.

The exit code also loops through each exit trying to exit, so if it fails e.g. would be inside a wall, then it goes to next one. This is also why sometimes you can get stuck in a vehicle and can't get out. There is even some logic I saw that would try random locations in a sphere around the vehicle.

Since I put new exit code in I can change it to exit on the bottom also when flying. We can make it do whatever with new code. I had a bug with the new code where it would exit at the initial location regardless where you were on the map like a teleporter :D

I updated hurricane's collision boxes, pink and blue (sorry no pic atm) and it is a bit easier to hit now. I think this should do it. It will be fun to try out...however... Sadly this morning a crew was outside my house digging in the road and they tore up my internet line. I will be offline for a while until it's fixed. Writing this from work.
pooty

Post by pooty »

This is the closest I could find: https://www.omnipotents.com/utmisc/Hamm ... Meshes.usx
Not sure if its the same as HammerHead_SM.usx, but maybe it helps?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:53 pm This is the closest I could find: https://www.omnipotents.com/utmisc/Hamm ... Meshes.usx
Not sure if its the same as HammerHead_SM.usx, but maybe it helps?
Awesome, that will work, thanks!
pooty

Post by pooty »

So one other one..this is more of a shot in the dark. I *think* the usual DJY crash, post game, has something to do with the Missle Tank/Arbalest -- the one with Cluster bombs. We don't see too many crashes, most of them are on DJY...but that version of the Missle Tank is also on DJY-Rando and AJY-Rando -- both of which I've seen crashes, which I swear happen if the missle tank spawns. Not sure what would cause it as there's no error in the server logs....