Bug list

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Bug list

Post by captainsnarf »

I fell through the map one too many times with perfect anti-timing. I had to fix the badgers. I can't stand buggy software.

So what else is buggy?

Turrets don't zoom that probably should have zoom? BioTank rolled your screen again? Sound but no lasers? Lasers but no sound? Link beam shoots off into nowhere?

If we list out what to fix, I can make a fixed vehicle pack similar to the badger pack (or fix them individually). There are a ton of vehicles and this is a lot of work so it's best to prioritize what vehicles are most important and which bugs need fixed the most.
pooty

Re: Bug list

Post by pooty »

I'd say the top 2:
1. Bio goo rolling the camera on MAS, you are essentially screwed you have suicide to get it back to normal -- this feel like a bug for sure
2. Zoom on HellHound, Ballista/Sniper and Alligator Tank. -- this I think is more of artifact of too many different versions of the same vehicle. My hope was to extract the "best" one into its own file so going forward as I work on maps I could replace them -- which I've started on most of the raptor type vehicles.
Tater

Post by Tater »

*Ctrl+c* *Ctrl+v*

Hammerhead: For the love of all that is holy, can we fix the exit location on this. I'm sure everyone has had their share of aggravation with this.
Megas: Getting stuck in ground (mega arena), not that big of an issue but just listing known problems.

Ballista: Not sure if this was intentional design, but 500 health version deals far less damage at extended range; acts like a regular tank shot after enough range, and eventually does no damage. 600 health version also has 'w' for zooming in 2nd sea instead of RMB, idk about 500 one.

Basilisk: laser firing off into the far corner for a few seconds before shooting where your cursor is. Probably just a heavy-load server issue.

Alligator: 'w' for zooming in 2nd seat instead of RMB
Hellbenders: 'w' for zooming in 3rd seat, some do work with RMB

And the camera roll thing you guys are talking about happens with any massive damage done to a vehicle with lots of health. MAS vs MAS, Bio vs MAS, even uDamage minos. Idk if you guys can fix that one.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Tater wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:39 am ...
Megas: Getting stuck in ground (mega arena), not that big of an issue but just listing known problems.
I like this. I call it the Philadelphia Experiment mode where the sailors get fused to the hull of the ship. Image
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Tater wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:39 am *Ctrl+c* *Ctrl+v*

Hammerhead: For the love of all that is holy, can we fix the exit location on this. I'm sure everyone has had their share of aggravation with this.

Ballista: Not sure if this was intentional design, but 500 health version deals far less damage at extended range; acts like a regular tank shot after enough range, and eventually does no damage. 600 health version also has 'w' for zooming in 2nd sea instead of RMB, idk about 500 one.

Basilisk: laser firing off into the far corner for a few seconds before shooting where your cursor is. Probably just a heavy-load server issue.

Alligator: 'w' for zooming in 2nd seat instead of RMB
Hellbenders: 'w' for zooming in 3rd seat, some do work with RMB

And the camera roll thing you guys are talking about happens with any massive damage done to a vehicle with lots of health. MAS vs MAS, Bio vs MAS, even uDamage minos. Idk if you guys can fix that one.
Do we want RMB standard for zoom? Just making sure. I was going to add RMB zoom to turrets that don't have it that probably should, but wasn't sure about changing existing 'w' zoom. I can do that too.

Megas getting stuck in the ground is kind of a fundamental engine issue. We would need the c++ code for that. We could reduce the momentum transfer but then they wouldn't be any fun.

The camera roll thing seems to be a bug with the PlayerController class, which is why it can happen with any vehicle if you hit it right. I believe it's because of gimbal lock in the pitch calculation. I've been working on a PallasV2 which has a fix for the roll. I could add a similar fix to all the vehicles that seem to get rolled. Adding it to every vehicle is a bit much though. All levis and probably the mino should have it.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes RMB for zoom.
And anti-roll really only Minos and MAS (Levi/Tiamat/Krakens etc.)
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Yeah I'm all about the right mouse button. Even after I figured out some of them use the arrow keys it's not worth it to me to lose WASD controls just to zoom.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

PLEASE add the Hurricane hit box to the high priority list. Tank shells go straight thru it from the side almost every time. Nothing more frustrating than having 3 straight mino shells go right thru for zero damage while the Hurricane lasers whittle you down to nothing from a distance.

The Hurricane is pretty powerful and doesn't need any help from a broken hit box.

And thanks Tater, I forgot about the goofy hammerhead exiting. That one should be top of the list too. I think it exits you right on top of it, so even when you bail with 200 hp left on it, you still get killed along with it.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Might be cool to add the edoChute to the Hammerhead too so you can bail and float down..
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Eject seat! I know it gets used in Assault when you're in an objective vehicle and it gets destroyed.