CSBadgerFix

Got a Glitch? Always Lagging? Need help with anything technical? Want to move off Windows XP?
Provert
Server Sponsor: Yes

CSBadgerFix

Post by Provert »

Just keeps downloading. I finally gave up when it reached 350% completed????
pooty
Server Admin: Yes

Re: CSBadgerFix

Post by pooty »

Should be ok now. I reuploaded it to the redirect.
Provert

Post by Provert »

Sicne I found your link in another thread and downloaded, I'd have to delete it and wiat for another map that uses it to see. I'll just keep the working file, thank you...lol
pooty
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

Yes good. This one was probably my fault, I might have put an older version on the redirect by accident.
Most of the Vehicle / System files, the .u files its best to just let them download.
Unlike Maps, which UT can understand when a Map is different from one you have on disk and then download, .u do not. You get the dreaded "Package Version Mismatch".
Because
1. These files are usually pretty small, just a couple of MB usually.
2. As we updated Vehicles and such the content changes (and the file name is "hardcoded" into the maps just the way it is), if we update say PVWraith.u you want to always DL the latest. it will stay in your cache for a while. You can up the time and size of the cache so you download less, its in the UT2004.ini file.

BTW doing the vehicles this way is better as it allows us to update vehicles without having to manually edit each map, and it makes the Map Download size smaller. For example, AJY Randomizer is now about 20 MB smaller, so the maps download faster.