OLD Players

ItsMeAgain

OLD Players

Post by ItsMeAgain »

Been playing this game on/off since early 2000s. I have found nothing that compares to style of this type of game play, really enjoy it!! I would also like to extend many thanks to the admins who have spent a lot of personal time to keep this alive. I would like to see more players join in again, but too many ;) i've gotten used to hearing leon complain, enyo's rants, and rogers frustartaions. would not want it to get too diluted :) Been playing with Tater since the early 2000's but can not match his skill ... just too OLD .. hand eye thingy i guess. I swear i played better on 640 res ;) Pooty, if ever need any help with coding, just let me know, been in c cpp and c# since the 90s, can create/fix just about anything. Not real familiar with the Unreal editor that gets installed, have messed with a bit, tinkering. I have had some experience with the new unreal UI based coding, but is very limiting to me, i like to see the code, not drag gui boxes around and create conections, to each their own.

That's me ... again :)
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: OLD Players

Post by pooty »

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for offering to help. CaptainSnarf has jumped in and helped with vehicles... that's where most of the coding is...so if there's a vehicle you're itching to create/mod let me know. The biggest issue is there's not much documentation on the API....
The Unreal editor is more drag and drop and has many "quirks" and frustrations.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Welcome! If you want any help with modding let us know. Modding is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

I extracted this zip file with all the script source to a folder.

I use VSCode as the editor and installed the UnrealScript plugin. In one instance of VSCode have the script source open. In another instance of VSCode I make my mod. If I have any questions about how something works, the script source has everything. There is not a lot of documentation but sometimes source is the best.

You could e.g. create this file:

Code: Select all

class MyBender extends ONSPRV;

defaultproperties
{
     VehicleNameString="My Bender!"
     DriverWeapons(0)=(WeaponClass=class'Onslaught.ONSHoverTankCannon',WeaponBone=Dummy01)

}
And now you have a bender with a tank turret. There is a convention you need to follow and process that is documented here, but there isn't much to it.
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

Thanks, will definitely take a look.
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

Snarf, I tried to get the zip from link, but gives a 404 error. Is there another link to pull it from?

http://www.gamefront.com/files/4421162/ ... ts3369_zip
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

captainsnarf,
I found the code at this site : https://www.unrealcentral.com/ut2004-33 ... rce-files/
Have went through the basic lessons : helloworld, mutator, mingunhe. Not bad. Already have macros for quick batching from vscode.

I did find a nice extension for vscode for UnrealScript : https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/it ... EliotVU.uc
Poked at all of the languages and realized nothing really works .. then did search, this extension works well enough. I thought since .uc extension it was c based, looks more java oriented, the word packages should have tipped me off ;) been down this road several times in past, landed on c# though, all scripting is pretty similar.

I have yet to extract any source files from compiled files, saw warning about crashing gui2k4. Will probably take a peek at some of the more complex packages later. Still a ways off from being able to "help" with anything ... could look at setting up a debugger in VisualStudio 2019, might be more effort than worth, if even possible, not familiar at all with udk kit?
Thanks again for the links, gives me something to do burning these late hours.
-ima
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

Attached is my first FrankenRaptor :)
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (195.82 KiB) Viewed 5046 times
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

ItsMeAgain wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:44 pm Attached is my first FrankenRaptor :)
Good gawd, that's F'n ugly, LOL
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

Right!! Will need some help or examples to go by
pooty

Post by pooty »

So you can get examples from the current vehicles by decompiling them...with the ucc command
ucc batchexport vehicle.u class uc vehicle/classes

So you can leverage any class that's in your system directory and mount any weapon on any bone (attachement point), but not everything (like the one shown below) goes together well.